“Location 5stars, Beer 4 stars, food/service 2stars”

Pelican Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Pacific City
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Description: This is where it all started back in 1996. Envisioned by three inspired founders, a little run-down beachfront building began its transformation into the international icon it is today. The only beachfront brewpub in the Pacific Northwest, this inviting establishment welcomes guests with tantalizing beer cuisine, intimate brewery tours and, arguably, the most incredible beach patio experience around. Gaze in awe at Oregon’s largest Haystack Rock. Watch the surfers. See the sun set. Order another beer.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

On our way up the coast, stopped here for the Cape Kiwanda views, not disappointed. Spectacular coastline sand dunes along with huge sea stacks in front of restaurant and beach only add to it. Brew pubs are a usual stop for us, especially in OR. and being from an Eastern Fishing town we are always excited to try out the local fish taco, catch of the day. Beer didn't disappoint, had 2 10 oz. glasses a Porter and a summer wheat both good but overpriced. Meals too were both very tasty, presented well, but portions and price was excessive. I recognize we are paying for a million dollar view/location. But $24 for a piece of Salmon 5-6oz tops, served with Risottto was not a good value, Same for my wives' fish tacos, small portions for top dollar. Interesting aside, we were both surprised by the bill when it arrived, apparently we ordered from the lunch menu. We were seated, apparently just after 4 pm, and were told by our server when questioning the bill that we were given the dinner portions, at the dinner prices. Needless to say, our disappointment only increased when this was the explanation. An apology was all that we received, when I pointed out that she provided the menus to us and that she should honor those prices. They appeared to us to be lunch size servings, if not, I would not recommend that you dine here for dinner.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

My hubby and I visited Pacific City Saturday afternoon July 19. I had read very mixed reviews about the food at Pelican .We consider ourselves very picky about where and what we dine out for, and will not spend exorbitant amounts of money on restaurants usually. But it was our 17th wedding anniversary, and frankly went more for the micro brews than the "pub grub".

We were very happy with the views, the service, the food AND the adult bevs. We started with the crab fritters. YUMM! The dips they came with were really good - the lemon aioli was the BEST - and we saved them for our fries that came with our entrees.

I had the Oyster Po Boy with horseradish slaw - hubby had the brisket and short rib burger with bacon jam. He was over the moon! (Note to Pelican chef - dispense with the bread - the oysters and slaw are the perfect combo).

For dessert - we had the Beer-a-misu and Irish whiskey with coffee. We have since duplicated the Beer-a-misu at home with stout and it was decadent.

Oh- and the beer- OMG - need I say more? All in all - we spent almost $90 with tip....but so worth it! We will go again - even though we live in Salem - worth the drive.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stopped here for lunch in mid- July on day trip along Oregon coast. It was everything I expected and more. It is in a beautiful spot right on the edge of the sand of Pacific City beach. Easy to walk/crawl up the big sand dunes into Cape Kiwanda State Park for amazing views.

The place has a great vibe, the beer was excellent (did the 6 beer sampler) and the food was better than I would expect for a brew pub. I had the pan fried oysters which were the best I ever had, and my wife had the hamburger which she really enjoyed.

If you are cruising in this area or staying near Pacific City, I highly recommend a stop at this locale.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by someone working at our hotel in Garibaldi. By the time we got there, a heavy fog was rolling in so we didn't have much of a view, but the food made up for it. Service was great.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The last time we ate here was about 2 years ago. We went in during a week night so the wait time was not too bad. However, when we called to put our name on the list, the people taking names could not understand my wife when she said her name (Cindy...a simple enough name). She restated it and restated it and restated it. They never got it right.

When we were seated it took probably 10 to 15 minutes just to get our drinks. Our server said it was because they were out of juice and milk and had to open some more. My wife asked to speak to a manager, who never came over, to tell them of our problems to this point.

The menu had changed from a couple years ago. The menu seemed much shorter this time with fewer selections. The "kids selections" were not truly kid food. The mac and cheese was more adult style and the burger was definitely adult style. The kids were not impressed.

I ordered a pork chop. It had great flavor BUT it was very BURNED and I could barely cut it with a steak knife. It was so burned it should have never gone out to the customer. I could not chew the first bite all the way so I stopped there and gave it back to them. The Brussel sprouts were good and the mashed potatoes were average.

The view was great but the food was not nearly as good as it was two years ago.