“Great beer and amazing location!”

Pelican Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Pacific City
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This is where it all started back in 1996. Envisioned by three inspired founders, a little run-down beachfront building began its transformation into the international icon it is today. The only beachfront brewpub in the Pacific Northwest, this inviting establishment welcomes guests with tantalizing beer cuisine, intimate brewery tours and, arguably, the most incredible beach patio experience around. Gaze in awe at Oregon’s largest Haystack Rock. Watch the surfers. See the sun set. Order another beer.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

One of mine and my husband's favorite places! The prices are a bit high for the quality, but you just can't really beat the view and their beer is delicious (you have to try their beer sampler!!). I do have to add, however, that their fresh salmon is the best I've ever had, and their breakfast near the top. The service has always been average, but with a location like this, we will continue to return!

1  Thank JGoza2007

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Awsome place with amazing food and really good beer! I have been here several times now and I will keep coming back for years to come!

1  Thank Jared O
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I ordered two cups of chowder and a cocktail each. Our bill was $30 before the tip. This is a pub/brewery without any deals on food or alcohol. Due to the location and lack of competition, they clearly milk the tourist trade. What a shame!
We would have returned for dinner and breakfast, but chose to do go elsewhere for both meals.

3  Thank AZGlass
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We ordered fish and chips. They were $17 each and were good but not the best I've had. Little greasey but they usually are!! Special was prime rib for $30 per person. Service was great. However, the place was almost empty. We were there on a Tuesday evening 6pm. We would probably go back to try breakfast or lunch, but probably not for dinner again.

1  Thank DaBride
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had gone to the Pelican back in 2006 so we already knew that that the menu and beer were not inexpensive. With that being said, they have increased the number of beers that they brew to accommodate those of us with tastes in lighter beers and for those who like the more hoppy and/or darker beers. Both my husband and I were satisfied though be forewarned that a 14 oz. beer is $5.50 - $6.00. My husband had the fish and chips. The breading was very light and he had a good sized portion with three pieces of fish, plenty of chips and cole slaw (at $16.99). I had the rockfish sandwich which was excellent; spinach, tomato, red onion on multi-grain (?) bread at $13.99). I guiltily subbed the yummy fries for a salad. "Fancy" greens with ale-soaked cranberries and almonds and their house herb vinaigrette on the side. I felt healthy. We were there for a late lunch so service was not an issue. And depending on where you sit in the restaurant, you certainly can't beat the view of the ocean, beach and Haystack Rock (and watching idiots get their cars stuck in the sand since this is an area of beach you can drive on).

1  Thank LMDJWD