“Lunch with friends”

Pelican Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Pacific City
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Description: This is where it all started back in 1996. Envisioned by three inspired founders, a little run-down beachfront building began its transformation into the international icon it is today. The only beachfront brewpub in the Pacific Northwest, this inviting establishment welcomes guests with tantalizing beer cuisine, intimate brewery tours and, arguably, the most incredible beach patio experience around. Gaze in awe at Oregon’s largest Haystack Rock. Watch the surfers. See the sun set. Order another beer.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Waited 20 minutes for a table but could not wait longer for a table outside. Server was prompt and took our orders for drinks and onion rings. Beer is always delicious and the rings were very good as well. Thought for those of us that do t do spicy..give us some mild dip as well!
Oysters were large, 4, with rice and Sewaeed salad. Good oysters but remember the PoBoy sandwich that was much better. I had Ceaser salad with shrimp ...very few shrimp and dressing watered down so not much taste. The burgers and Reuben sandwich were great and house salad beets beets are good. Expensive food but the views of cape Kiawand the dory boats, kite fliers, and surfers make for an interesting and fun view.
We drive down from Portland just to eat here and enjoy the beautiful Oregon coast.

There are newer reviews for Pelican Brewing Company

Reviewed September 11, 2013

So this place is RIGHT on the beach. It's an absolutely stunning location! I was there just after Labour Day so it was definitely a quieter time of year to be there and perhaps my experience there was better than some of the other reviewers because of this. I ate dinner here twice and had excellent service both times. I was lucky enough both times to get a seat right at the front (or back?), with nothing to impede my view. The food was decent, nothing super special but enjoyable for sure. Go for the view!! It's breathtaking, especially at sunset.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

You can't beat the setting right on the beach with seating outside. The sunset Scottish ale cocktail was very good. The calamari was tasty. The veggie burgers homemade and outstanding. So, we loved it!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a popular place due to the great view and location but I've found the food uneven.
On a recent lunch stop, my wife ordered the Dungeness Crab roll which was rather bland and had quite a bit of filler. Pretty pricey for what she got.
I had the grilled salmon sandwich which was on the daily special menu. This was basically a BLT with a slab of grilled salmon on top and I would nominate it for "king of sandwiches". Unfortunately, it isn't always available.
The beer is always fresh and good.
We were there on a Monday and our service was good and we didn't have to wait for a table.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

30 minute wait to be seated....then 20 minutes before asked for beverage.....wait staff needs training