“Better than Reviews”

Pelican Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Pacific City
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This is where it all started back in 1996. Envisioned by three inspired founders, a little run-down beachfront building began its transformation into the international icon it is today. The only beachfront brewpub in the Pacific Northwest, this inviting establishment welcomes guests with tantalizing beer cuisine, intimate brewery tours and, arguably, the most incredible beach patio experience around. Gaze in awe at Oregon’s largest Haystack Rock. Watch the surfers. See the sun set. Order another beer.
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

You can't beat the setting right on the beach with seating outside. The sunset Scottish ale cocktail was very good. The calamari was tasty. The veggie burgers homemade and outstanding. So, we loved it!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a popular place due to the great view and location but I've found the food uneven.
On a recent lunch stop, my wife ordered the Dungeness Crab roll which was rather bland and had quite a bit of filler. Pretty pricey for what she got.
I had the grilled salmon sandwich which was on the daily special menu. This was basically a BLT with a slab of grilled salmon on top and I would nominate it for "king of sandwiches". Unfortunately, it isn't always available.
The beer is always fresh and good.
We were there on a Monday and our service was good and we didn't have to wait for a table.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

30 minute wait to be seated....then 20 minutes before asked for beverage.....wait staff needs training

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and our friends stopped for a light lunch on a recent trip down part of the Oregon coast. The northwest clam chowder was quite tasty, and the view of Haystack Rock from the patio just added to the pleasure of the pub. The most surprising and noteworthy treat was the beeramisu dessert. Delightful!!! We would recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have been wanting to stop by this place for years now and I finally made it. It was a warm, sunny evening dinner on the patio with a gorgeous view of Cape Kiwanda and the pacific ocean. With the patio right on the beach, it made me feel like I was at restaurant on a Mexican beach with the sand under foot. I had one of the weekly dinner specials, Wild Salmon with a berry reduction sauce. It was delicious. I tried the suggested beer paring, the Scottish style Ale and it went well with my meal. Desserts are unique and delicious as well. If it's a beautiful day, patio seats are hard to come by so get there during an off dinning time. We arrived around 5 pm and didn't have a problem getting a patio table.

1  Thank Anne S