“Craft Beer At Its Finest”

Pelican Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Pacific City
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Description: This is where it all started back in 1996. Envisioned by three inspired founders, a little run-down beachfront building began its transformation into the international icon it is today. The only beachfront brewpub in the Pacific Northwest, this inviting establishment welcomes guests with tantalizing beer cuisine, intimate brewery tours and, arguably, the most incredible beach patio experience around. Gaze in awe at Oregon’s largest Haystack Rock. Watch the surfers. See the sun set. Order another beer.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stopped in at the Pelican a couple of times on our recent vacation to Pacific City. Let me state that while the food here might be your average, run-of-the-mill pub food (not especially noteworthy; but also not terrible whatsoever) the beer here is certainly not. The beer is EXCEPTIONAL. If you like beer, you have to stop here. Even if you are not a beer drinker (like me), you will WANT to stop here after giving it a try.

This is craft beer at its finest.

I am not a beer drinker at all, but our first night in PC we stopped in at the Pelican and I tried a Kiwanda Cream Ale. I fell in love with it. In fact, I began to crave another taste. When we took day trips, I requested we stop in at the Pelican for a beer on the way home just so I could have another one. Now that we are back home, I still desire another Cream Ale and have not found any other beer that comes close to satisfying me. Those who know me and my aversion to beer can vouch for these statements as a glowing review ... because I NEVER ask to stop anywhere for a beer nor do I ever crave a beer. Never; until now.

My guest sampled a couple of the other beer offerings, all award-winning, and concurred that each was fantastic. You will not be disappointed.

In addition to the great beer the service was friendly, the views are amazing, and the pub itself was clean and spacious with a good amount of outdoor seating available directly on the beach and overlooking the haystack rock. The Pelican is worth a stop whether you are staying in Pacific City or just passing through.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place has everything going for it, except the food. Over priced and pretty lousy!,
We had a party of 4, and we all ordered something different. Fish & Chips, really greasy and dried out inside. Salad looked like something from Denny's, and tasted about the same. Clam Chowder was very small, and my daughter said it didn't have any clam flavor, and tasted "lemony" and the burger was tough. Would not go back, and would not recommend.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Well, we have visited the Pelican restaurant several times in the past and had fairly good experiences, but this was not one of them.

Our party of 6 (2 adults and 4 kids) arrived at 4:30 PM after a day on the Pacific City beach.

We were seated quickly and I ordered the Portobello Mushroom pizza, but was told they were out of Portobellos. I then ordered a pint of their Tsunami Stout and was told they were out of the draft beer, but I could have a 22oz bottle for more money $6 (!).

Our food came in good time and was tasty.

The bill arrived and I noticed that the 4 kids meals were each charged a dollar more than the menu price; when I questioned it I was told the meals had increased in price but the menu did not reflect the increase. We were charged at the old, lower price.

While this is a great location and view, the pre-tip bill of almost $90 for two simple adult meals and 4 kids chicken strips n fries just seemed expensive.

So, with the lack of first choice menu item, first choice beer, incorrect bill and somewhat expensive food versus the great location, view and decent tasting food and service - this is a mixed review

1  Thank Dave K
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Very laid back place for all ages with great food and service. If you enjoy beer, this is the place for you, as the Pub has won many awards and always has fun new choices to try.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have eaten here several times now and it is always great. They have several types of beers to meet all styles and tastes as well as some great service! Jordan was hilarious! It is usually busy though, so come prepared to wait at least 20 minutes for a table on the weekends or holidays.