“Good beer, good views. Food...eh”

Pelican Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Pacific City
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Description: This is where it all started back in 1996. Envisioned by three inspired founders, a little run-down beachfront building began its transformation into the international icon it is today. The only beachfront brewpub in the Pacific Northwest, this inviting establishment welcomes guests with tantalizing beer cuisine, intimate brewery tours and, arguably, the most incredible beach patio experience around. Gaze in awe at Oregon’s largest Haystack Rock. Watch the surfers. See the sun set. Order another beer.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Pelican brews were always my favorite, when I was able to have traditional beers. Wish they would make a gluten free recipe. It would really open up a new market for them. The views are lovely. It's a great spot to have a pint of your choosing and relax while watching the waves crash in. The food was ok, not spectacular, especially for the price. Seemed like more of a 'chain' menu and I really had to ask questions regarding ingredients. I'm not trying to be snitty, but even the smallest restaurants are making options known on the menu. I'm as tired of asking questions as I'm sure most wait staff are of hearing them. Information on the menus would be a great help in making choices.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Pelican Pub is a great place to have lunch while visiting the three capes loop. The food is good, pub type food. It's a little pricey overall. The view is worth the extra that you pay for the food though. Looks out on Haystack rock. The beer isn't a draw for me, but it's good.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We drove the long 40ish miles from Newport to Pacific City for dinner here. It was worth it.
For my daughter, she loved the mac and cheese. Super cheesy and didn't come from a box. I really enjoyed the Seafood Quesadilla. Just the right amount of spice and super fresh fish/shrimp.
My husband enjoyed the fish and chips. The beer was great too. We took a growler back to our hotel of the Kiwanda Cream Ale.. the view cannot be beat as well! They are literally right on the beach.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed across the street at Inn & enjoyed being able to just walk over to dinner; we had dinner on 2 eveninings & breakfast 1 morning. The staff was very pleasant & attentive--not overdone; they seemed genuine! Comfortable restaurant with great view of Haystack Rock. Enjoyed several of the beers. The food was hit-or-miss, but the overall experience was so positive that we won't hesitate to return again!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The craft brewed beer list here is quite good, but service the night we had dinner was slow and spotty. Waiters were fawning over the magazine journalists that commanded the corner table and scooped up the staff's attention. But people who like to be part of a California gated-community property development juggernaut should certainly come here. The place is owned by the nearby hotel and Private No Entrance condo units . . . so out of touch with the Oregon coast that it made our stomach churn . . . And that is not so good for the restaurant. Fried oysters were fine. Dessert was large and gloppy sweet, if you like that sort of thing.