“only good for the beer and view”

Pelican Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Pacific City
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Description: This is where it all started back in 1996. Envisioned by three inspired founders, a little run-down beachfront building began its transformation into the international icon it is today. The only beachfront brewpub in the Pacific Northwest, this inviting establishment welcomes guests with tantalizing beer cuisine, intimate brewery tours and, arguably, the most incredible beach patio experience around. Gaze in awe at Oregon’s largest Haystack Rock. Watch the surfers. See the sun set. Order another beer.
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The view is amazing, the staff amazing, location amazing..decore is fun...the food is like road house grill and expensive.

They need more options for seafood..since.its on the beach..

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I recently ate dinner, the fish & chips, at the Pelican Pub & Brewery. They were delish. The fish had a great flavor and they were NOT grease laden like many are. I would eat there again, and I will definitely recommend the establishment to others. The service was good, but to be fair I was there on a Wednesday evening in February.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay in Pacific City. We had dinner and ate at the bar because the restaurant was very busy. We enjoyed our food (fish tacos and hazelnut rock fish) and great service from the bartender.
The next morning we got breakfast at the Pelican Pub and were extremely disappointed. The omelets we ordered had no flavor, were cold when they came out, and my veggie omelette was full of raw veggies and onion. They were out of spinach. The waitress brought out our food and said 'oh that toast is really burnt' but didn't bring out more toast, simply acknowledged the burnt food and left. Overpriced breakfast food, and not good. I recommend this place for dinner and a drink at the bar but avoid them for breakfast!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had lunch this weekend at the Pelican and it was very good. The fish tacos were very fresh and tasty. The chowder was cheesy and good. A little different than other coast varieties, but very yummy. The service was excellent even though it was packed, we were seated in 15-20 minutes, which gave us time to head to the sand and watch the waves out back. I think from past visits here that the new menu had alot more to choose from. Not to mention the dark beers brewed here were very good. They won awards for a reason!! I am sad to see low reviews on here, I hope you try it again. We enjoyed our meal and the people. Thank you Pelican Pub!!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

first of all the menu was limited only 4 seafood dishes!! I don' know about you I come to the coast for FRESH seafood, Fresh it will NOT be!! I ordered a seared Alaskan cod on rice, The rice had a funky pan taste and the Cod wasen't done all the way the Diners were sold separately so soup and or salad was extra, 6.00 bucks for a cup of potatoes soup!! the salad wasen't even diced up just large pieces for 7.00 bucks, the diner came to 51.00 and we walked away hungry!!!! If you are a drinker its probably a nice place to hang out and get drunk!!!! For us Its not a good place to enjoy yourself!!!

1  Thank grafxron