“It's OK if you need BBQ”
Review of Ribcage Smokery - CLOSED

Ribcage Smokery
Cuisines: Barbecue
Chicago, Illinois
“It's OK if you need BBQ”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ribcage is OK if you are in urgent need of BBQ. The food was OK and price not too high, but I wouldn't say outstanding on any count.

Visited June 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Awesome barbecue!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My fiance and I have talked about having barbecue at our wedding reception for a long time and since we're getting married in Pacific City we were told we would have to try this place out. It was a task we were very eager to try while we were in town for Memorial Day weekend and the meet is pretty excellent. I'm not a rib person, but my fiance really loved the ribs, and I really enjoyed the tri-tip. The only serve brisket Saturdays starting at 5pm (I think?) so we had to come back twice so we could try the brisket. It was really good, very smokey brisket. I forgot how much we got, but we brought some home and everyone raved about it. They do not cater which is understandable, but they are willing to take special orders of food for take out, which is convenient since our reception hall is very nearby. We will be ordering quite a lot of meat, I am very excited.

• Visited May 2013
here
“Best BBQ I've in a long time”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Melt in your mouth barbecue, that's what you get in spades from a relatively new eating establishment in PacifiCity city.

We had the variety platter and it rocked. The meat comes dry, just like I like it. The sides of potato salad and slaw weren't my favorite but they were interesting. Did I mention they offer good local beer to wash it down with? They have both indoor and outdoor seating. Enjoy

They are open thursday through Sunday.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank newsguy167
Salem, Oregon
“Great smokery and very down to earth”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Sean makes a mean barbecue. His meats are perfectly smoked. We stopped in for lunch on the recommendation of a local, and were not disappointed. This place has been open less than a year, and I hope this summer is very good to them.

I had Kahlua pork sliders. The blend of flavors was amazing. The pork was tender and sweet. with a tangy cole slaw and pineapple. Carol had the baby backs. They were so tender the meat fell off the ribs. They were moist and the sauce was perfect, not slathered on too thick, and added at various times near the end of the smoking so that it penetrated the meat.

The kinds of meat being smoked will depend on the season and day of the week. More variety on summer weekends, less on a spring weekday. That is a good sign that the meat will always be fresh.

The dining room is sparse, but very comfortable and we had a good time chatting with Sean and learning about his smoker and the process he uses. Support this local business!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank pkrissel
Pacific City, Oregon
“Get Smoked at the Ribcage”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stopped into the Ribcage tonight for dinner and I'm glad we did! As with most restaurants in Pacific City, the atmosphere is a little quirky, relaxed and friendly. Since this was our first time, we ordered "The Sink" which is a variety plate of brisket, pork shoulder, ribs, sausage and sides of potato salad and cole slaw. There was plenty of food for the two of us to share. At $19, it was a bargain for bbq.

All the meats were very tender and juicy with good smoke bark. The bbq was good and it's not the style that is covered with sauce. The natural smoke comes through well. The sauces were good but when paired with the salads it was a bit too much vinegar. The salads were vinegar based, not mayo based. It's the style they serve there but I think it was a little too much. I really would have preferred if one of the salads were a traditional creamy salad so as to cut the vinegar from the rest of the meal.

The prices are all very moderate and I'm looking forward to going back and trying more!

• Visited April 2013