“Nice Surprise- Recommendations Are Right On”

Village Coffee Shoppe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We slipped in just before their 2PM closing on a quiet Monday. We both thought the food was very good. I had the normal sized chicken fried steak breakfast. My steak was so tender I didn't need a knife. My wife had a very flavorful veggie omelette. The homemade bread is outstanding. The place is very small with a crowd of regulars ("The city Council") first thing in the morning. Very friendly and cozy. We had a great opportunity to interact with our waitress and the cook as they cleaned up and closed down for the day. We are going back for sure.

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here years ago while on vacation in Oregon. We moved here a year ago to Waldport and I couldnt remember where this place was. We had fish n chips here on our first visit and I spent months trying to find this place again. The food was awesome and fair prices. Good portions and the breakfast was outstanding. Dont let the exterior fool you, this is good old fashioned home cooking at its best. Its do well known that while at a yard sale I desperatley asked the homeowner if they recognized the place I was seeking. Without hesitation she said "oh, thats the Vilage coffee shop". At last I found it again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Best clam chowder, they put melted butter on top, delicious! My husband had eggs that were cooked perfect. Staff and service was great. They gave homemade goodies as well

1  Thank notthegps
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This little cafe is one of the best places I have ever eaten. They are quick with the service and the food is like a piece of heaven. All the staff are wonderful.

1  Thank Terri G
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stopped by for lunch on a Monday. Service is extremely friendly and the crowd seems mostly local and talkative.... very small dining room with tables outside as well. Decor is outdated but cozy. Waited a long time for food - the single cook seemed overwhelmed but the food is good!!! Nice to be a part of something locally owned and run - each dish we ordered was made from scratch. Clam chowder was great, as was the seafood melt.

1  Thank aimeecarpenter