“Don't like crowds?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pacific City
Cape Kiwanda RV Park
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here in the fall and it is a completely different place....Quiet, lots of room to spread out, etc. However, I decided to give it a try during summer. WHAT was I thinking?! Don't get me wrong, I like people....Well kinda'...

It was raining Sunday morning, my day at the beach was canceled and I was bored. I decided to take a headcount of each person who walked by my RV from 10am to 11:30am.... 43 adults, 61 children and 16 dogs. Anyway....

The staff is great. The store, deli and pizza place are awesome. So I'll let you decide. As for myself? I'll be back in October:-)))

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Suzanne_F30

Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here twice a year for 10 years. Overall we have always enjoyed our stays in the smaller cabins. The stores a bit overpriced. You often feel gouged if you forgot something and the clothing is way overpriced. The access to the Pelican brew pub and addition of the new pizza place is great. I do not like how we pay first night each time to reserve for next year then they always raise the price. The new cottages are overpriced. So aside from the overpriced factors we truly enjoy this resort as a family favorite!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We came to this campground four years ago and found our way back again. We had friends come with us for part of the time and they rented one of the cottages and loved it. This is a very family friendly campground with friendly staff and good amenities. The only problem I have is with the Wifi. Hard to find and rather inconsistent. The location is great, right across from a great beach and nearby to some great restaurants if you want a break from cooking. Great store and an indoor pool which is great for those days of bad weather. (It is on the coast.) We will be back and so will our friends.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Islandspud
Reviewed September 15, 2011

What we thought would be a quiet break from car camping as we travelled down the Oregon Coast, turned out to be a crowded concrete RV 'city'. The cottages are very close together so unless you plan on sharing your meal listening to your neighbors chatting around their front yard fire, this is not the place to go.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Ruggedcouple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I'm not an expert on RV parks because I just went with a friend. Even though I don't have many other parks to compare it to, it seemed like a great place. The spots are close to together but are tidy. The park is across the street from the beach and it was great. We really loved the pool and hot tub. The convenience store came in handy too. The staff was friendly and seemed to like their job. The only downside is that the bathrooms were a bit on the icky side. They weren't the worst, but they could be cleaner. Pacific City is great city to visit for oregonians like want to surf. You don't see that very much on the Oregon Coast. Overall it was a good trip and we will be back.

Room Tip: They all are within walking distance to the beach so they're pretty much all the same!
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The sites are so tiny!!! We were camping with friends who were suppose to be right next to us. Instead they were on the opposite side of the park. We were just talking around the fire a little after ten and someone came to tell us several people and called to complain about the noise! I've stated in several parks this summer and decided the State parks are the best. I will never stay at Cape Kiwanda again.

2  Thank mindy1973
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The fam stayed at Cape Kiwanda RV Park for 3 nights, Sunday-Weds. The whole experience was extremely pleasant and mellow. This was our first trip in our new 5th wheel and we booked a pull-through space. It was very easy to get in and out of. The neighbors were pretty close but it was very quiet in our area. The on-site grocery prices are a bit inflated but that's the usual for resort convenience. They also have a nice gift shop, ice cream, deli, coffee and they sell propane on site.
The park is clean, bathrooms and showers sanitary. The indoor pool and spa were also quite clean but it is very crowded in the evening, much like a hotel where families stay.
The location, right across the street from the beach, could not be better. Friendly staff and nice RV'ers.
We stayed in A19, pull through near the entrance. As you go further into the park there are sites with more trees and grass which are close to the cabins and playground. It's a bit more festive in that area, so if you have a small rig or a tent and enjoy activity and kids running about and hanging out by the campfire this would be the area.
We enjoyed our stay and we are planning to return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacific City
#2 of 4 in Pacific City
Shorepine Vacation Rentals
Shorepine Vacation Rentals
#3 of 4 in Pacific City

Been to Cape Kiwanda RV Park? Share your experiences!