Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
great customer service

Kris at green acres horseback riding was great, was very impressed that a 12 year old could be so... read more

Reviewed October 1, 2018
cnikkii
Everett, Washington
2 Hour Ride

Reviewed September 29, 2018
Shawn B
via mobile

All reviews hour ride horseback riding oregon coast an amazing experience nice horses the pacific ocean well trained horses amazing ride well taken care in great shape can't wait to go back haystack rock guide riders carrots stable novice
Reviewed October 1, 2018

Kris at
green acres horseback riding was great, was very impressed that a 12 year old could be so smart. Just meeting him was worth the ride.

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Was trying to set up a time for my wife and I to ride for our 15 year anniversary weekend get away. Normally they don't do 2 hour rides later in the day. But they were able to work it out for us. The ride was excellent. It had been a couple years since we use to ride pretty regularly. Galloping through the tighter trails was new to us but was absolutely fun. And of course getting the horses to stretch out wide open pretty much on the beach(my favorite part) was the greatest. Makes us miss riding like we use to do. Will definately be back for another round out there!

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Our guides Kris and Jeff were knowledable and fun. We felt safe and secure on the horses and the scenery was amazing despite the foggy weather.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

I should’ve read the reviews before trying to book a reservation after Labor Day. After checking the weather report the week before visiting Pacific City, I left 2 voicemail messages (one at the office and the other on owner (?), Teri’s, mobile), as well as an email. I never got a call back, but I did receive an email with a subject line that said, “We are no longer open 7 days a week but will still go out weather permitting for 3 or more people.” There was no message within the email itself, i.e. no questions to confirm what dates or times we (party of 3) were interested in -- just information on how to contact the business or make reservations. Maybe that’s providing extraordinary customer service in your mind, but it’s not. Learn how to either write a proper email or follow-up with a phone call. If you don’t want any business after Labor Day, then put a statement on your website so you don’t waste anybody’s time.

It turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We spent two sunny days enjoying the beach, hiking, and exploring the coast…and saved $285! “Happy Trails”!

Reviewed August 26, 2018

I loved every part of it. The main guide was awesome! Simple and to the point while explaining what to expect. Their son, Chris, was there and let me say, he was AWESOME! this kid was funny and so nice. He really loved what he was doing. He was taking pictures for each group too. They were friendly and the whole ride was just calm and amazing. The horses have their personalities too. It was absolutely an amazing day.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

July 5, 2018 - Left Rockaway Beach with no plans. Stumbled upon a sign on south end of Pacific City that offered trail rides but it was 5 p.m. We asked if they were still open; they said they were on their last ride but they would talk when the riders and horses got back to be sure they weren't tuckered out. 15 minutes later...our family of four was off on the most gorgeous, relaxing, surprise excursion. We are not experienced but have been on walks like this before. Youngest was 11. Sun was setting, walked along the water, walked in the dunes. Staff was super friendly and not rushed, despite not knowing that we were going to show up last minute when they thought their day was over. Was it the cheapest thing we did on our trip? Nope. Was it in the top three things we did and will our family always remember it...yep!!! Thank you to the staff and owners for adding one more trip to your already long day. We loved it and appreciate it!

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Went on a beach ride with my 12 and 9yr old- the owner was very nice, lovely ride along the beach, very tame, horses were well behaved. A nice activity that we enjoyed.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I came for the 1 hour beach ride. And I loved it.we went up the beach, and then along a nature trail, and some more on the beach. The only thing I was disappointed in was that my group didn't get to stay together. But I still Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

I've been to a lot of trail-rides. I have to say the folks at Green Acres really know what they are doing, and actually care for their horses. They were all freshly groomed, in great shape, with hooves looking well-trimmed and the horses looking well fed. The horses were calm, and expertly handled. I went for both a 1 hour and 2 hour beach ride. Following a short explanation of the safety rules and guidelines, we were off. The two-hour allowed for some loping and it was so well paced. Wonderful family, guides and setting, I couldn't recommend this more highly! Well done!!

2  Thank Christopher K
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Nice people, nice horses, good system. It’s expensive ($90/person for an hour) but my 10 year old had a great time. I will say, for the parents out there, an hour is a loooooong time on a horse. I wish I had asked to walk along to keep an eye on my daughter rather than ridden. Not sure that would have worked but the ride was definitely too long for me and my physical comfort. Scenery was beautiful and the people that accompanied the ride were very skilled at handling a diverse group of riders and horses. Overall I recommend but I will not be doing it again. Ever.

1  Thank katshif