Shorepine Vacation Rentals
$179
Pacific City Inn(Pacific City)
$130
$117
Surf & Sand Inn(Pacific City)(Great Value!)
Liberty Inn Lincoln City(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$80
$64
TripAdvisor
Sea Echo Motel(Lincoln City)
$80
Motel 6 Lincoln City(Lincoln City)
$66
Ashley Inn and Suites(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$109
$87
Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$81
Surftides Lincoln City(Lincoln City)(Great Value!)
$130
$126
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbeach chairsliving roomshort walkdunesandcastleofficetvdeckpethaystackprivacyaccommodationsunitfireplaceocean
Reviewed August 11, 2009

First I need to say that Pacific City,Oregon is amazing and is my favorite place on the Oregon Coast to visit. This review is for a house my parents were going to rent. I say, "were" going to, because even though they reserved their vacation home 3 months PRIOR to the weekend they wanted, and deposited over $500 dollars, and even spoke to a sales person on the phone to confirm the room would be available and also spent an entire weekend looking on the internet for a good rental house for a 3 day stay July 24-26- they received a phone call from Shorepine Vacation Rentals 1 week prior to the day of their vacation and my wedding to say that - they had made a mistake and doubled booked our home, and we needed to find another home within the leftover choices they had. No apologies, no trying to make it right by offering a free nite stay or any sort of anything! just a , "this is how it is- so pick one and be done" type of attitude. Well, 1 week before the trip, in the Peak Oregon Coast season- Shorepine Vacation Rentals had a whole (2) old, pathetic, very poorly furnished, and I could go on about the poor condition-but I won't- units to choose from. Keep in mind, the cost per nite was not going to be any less than the very very nice unit they had put their deposit down, and were being forced to settle into a home they did not want, nor did anyone else want it as it was available in peak season. All the nice homes were already taken. Shorepine Vacation Rentals, Shorepine Properties, and the Cottages at Cape Kiwanda are all owned by the same company, yet somehow nothing but 2 pathetic units were "available" to choose from. So, with a hope and a prayer my parents decided to cancel their reservation. However, when they said they wanted to cancel, Shorepine Vacation Rentals told them that cancelations were not allowed with such short notice. This was outrageous! Shorepine Vacation Rentals were the ones who have made the mistake, not my parents. Yet they were being strong armed into choosing a less superior rental home that no one else wanted? With that, the sales person then came back from talking to her "manager" and said that under the special circumstances they would allow my parents to cancel and hoped that my parents noticed the great gesture they were doing for them. Outrageous once again. On top of that- they said they do not email confirmation of cancellation, but to check our credit card for the credit. Once the credit came thru on the credit card, Shorepine Vacation Rentals deducted a cancelation fee! We had to call back to tell Shorepine Rental Properties that we did not want to cancel, it was they who double booked us. They then told us that we could have chosen one of the 2 units no one else wanted. Again the "manager" had to be brought in, and the fee was credited back to my parents.
Please never ever ever use Shorepine Vacation Rentals, as they are unprofessional, rude and have absolutely no idea what customer service is.
There are many good vacation rental companies out there for great houses on the Oregon coast. See my other review of the house we ended up finding for my parents and how wonderful not only was the house but the customer service we all received from the company and its staff.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
7  Thank clairique
Shorepine, Manager at Shorepine Vacation Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2009

Dear Clairique -

Thank you for writing a review and providing us with your feedback from your recent experience.

Please accept our apologies if your reservation process was less than desirable. This was a technical error through our online booking engine. We do everything in our power to make sure that a home is never double booked and deeply apologize that this was your experience. This problem has been reviewed by our technical support staff and has been resolved.

You are correct; a cancellation fee of $35.35 is an automatic charge. We only have the option to immediately refund this fee, which was applicable in your case. We have found that our customers enjoy the confirmation of an email cancellation letter detailing all information. We apologize if you feel that this was something not carefully looked at.

If we may be of service or provide any additional details we hope to hear from you so that we may address them. It is our sincere hope that on your next travel to Pacific City that you will consider Shorepine Vacation Rentals once again.

Warmly,