All reviews the cottages cape kiwanda meridian restaurant bedroom cottage oregon coast three bedroom concierge service haystack rock dory boats the pelican pub soaking tub floor to ceiling windows location location location perfect view steam room relaxing weekend walk in shower
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2018

My husband and I stayed at Headlands during a weekend trip to the Oregon Coast. I actually originally booked Coast Cabins in Manzanita and cancelled our reservation so that we could stay here. We did not regret it! Headlands is right on the beach in Pacific City. Every room has a view of Haystock Rock (similar to the one on Cannon Beach) and the hot tub in particular has a phenomenal view. We did the breakfast package and were really happy with that decision - the food was great and on par with a nice brunch. We also loved the adventure coaches and met with them on Saturday morning of our stay to plan our hikes for the weekend. They were highly knowledgeable and provided detailed directions and maps. We joked later that we would not have been able to find the trailhead on one of our hikes without those directions! Highly recommend hiking Cape Lookout Trail. Check the conditions before going because it can be muddy, but the views are incredible. We even saw whales from the trail. Also, make sure to check out Ben & Jeff’s Burgers & Tacos and order a burrito!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jennifer N, General Manager at Headlands Coastal Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Dear Kristen K
I am so glad that you changed your plans and decided to join us. Our Adventure team does a spectacular job of sharing interesting facts about the area, great places to Head Out to and they love doing it.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another get away. We hope you will check out the new adventures we are working on.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

I was expecting a good experience, but it far exceeded my expectations. While it's certainly on the opposite end of the spectrum from "budget" lodging, I'm rating the value excellent. It's costly but worth every penny!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Chris S,
I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations. That is the goal and its great to hear we met it for your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

The units here are so tasteful,comfortable and steps from the beach. Even spices are provided in each unit. All the. Interiors are super comfortable with great bedding, beautiful art and furniture so easy to relax on. Just sit on your deck and watch the Dory boats and whales....the sun set over the water. Take a day hike or look for sea critters in the tide pools. Pacific City and The Cottages at Cape Kiwanda are the perfect getaway.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed September 4, 2018

This was ultimately my best experience on the Oregon Coast. The staff were lovely and very accommodating. The rooms were super clean and everything you needed was at your fingertips. From the tub next to the bed to the delicious Smith tea! I went as a birthday present from my husband and this made the birthday very memorable.

Date of stay: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 3, 2018

My husband and I were looking for something nice on the Oregon Coast to get out of the Central Oregon heat this summer. Our dilemma was that we were traveling with 2 dogs, and finding something nice, last minute AND pet friendly is next to impossible. Therefore, we were so happy to find the lovely Headland’s Coastal Lodge in Pacific City! What a gem this place is!

When we checked in we were greeted by the friendliest people! They advised us about the amenities our 2 dogs – which included beds, towels to use after being on the beach, and treats for both. Their rooms have hangers for leashes and the balcony overlooking the bay was the perfect view. The rooms are also appointed with a lovely modern shower and we loved the wood floors (probably best for pet friend rooms right!?). We loved the room from the start!

When we inquired about where we could go with our dogs for dinner (as you can’t leave them in the room) we were pleasantly surprised to find that their restaurant (Meridien) allows dogs. They have three (maybe four?) very roomy booths that border the hallway (which leads guests to the elevators). Our dogs were very comfortable sitting under the table. We then proceeded to order dinner and WOW! My husband ordered probably one of the best steaks ever! I ordered the Halibut. Both were just mouthwatering. Desert was to die for – though I can’t recall the name of it. It was chocolate, marshmallow drizzle with caramel…. The service was outstanding, and the manager came over to say hi/see how we liked our meals and compliment our pups on good behavior. We only had one incident where one of our dogs was alarmed at someone walking by on crutches. Other than that, all was good!

The resort also has a restaurant nearby the property (a pub) with outdoor tables, so we had lunch there as well with the dogs. There were several others with dogs, so it was a very dog friendly location.

Regardless of being a pet friendly resort, we would return to Headland’s Coastal Lodge with or without the dogs. It was a breath of fresh air, from start to finish. I am so glad we found this spot – we will be back for sure! What am amazing location!

Room tip: Every room has a view
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jennifer N, General Manager at Headlands Coastal Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Dear piper3162,
We love to welcome the whole family. I am so glad that you were able to bring you dog. A trip to the beach is definitely a dog favorite! Our partner at Gingerbeds makes some really special dog beds and also work for a great cause. We are fortunate to work with a great team. They love what they do and where they live.
The next time you HeadOut, we look forward to welcoming you back for some beach time at Headlands.