“Nice find. Good food.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Oxbow
Boise, Idaho
“Nice find. Good food.”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were in the area for a couple days for a jet boat trip in Hells Canyon. We ate dinner at the Hells Canyon Inn twice. Both times the food was just excellent. Easily on par with any pub/steak restaurant in larger cities. Being the only restaurant so near to Oxbow it is great to have such good food available. This is a rural area so be aware they may shut down by 8pm or so. Nice waitresses both nights.
The food: Friday night is smoked prime rib (only Friday). The rib is smoked all day and goes fast (dinner starts at 5pm). We reserved four steaks for 7pm and ended up ordering two 14oz steaks for two couples. They have a deal for $3.50 extra you can split and get sides for both people. The steak was a great med-rare to medium smoked piece of prime rib. I think it is locally sourced from what the waitress said. The clam chowder was the second best I’ve ever had (the best is Salty’s in Washington). The second night we had burgers and I asked if they could do a prime rib sandwich with prime rib from the previous day. They did it and it was a great sandwich. The burger my wife had was very good and I tried a couple finger steaks and they were good too. Fresh cut fries, good jo-jos, and I had a good baked potato too. I look forward to the next time I’m in the area to stop in for a great meal. Definitely recommend this place.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Wayne W

Hermiston, Oregon
“Taco Thursday”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stopped in on a very busy Taco Thursday evening. The place was packed, no place to sit in the bar, and we grabbed the last table in the restaurant, plus there were a ton of people dining outside. Service was understandably slow and the waitress was so apologetic, she could not even take our food order for 15 minutes. Yet she got me a beer forthwith, with a frosty mug.

We said no problemo, get us softshell taco's whenever. She kept our beer glasses full and the tardy tacos were excellent. Loaded with meat, cheese, black olives, many more items. I was hungry and had trouble finishing two of those huge things.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank hackney1
Richland, Oregon, United States
“Best food around!”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I can't tell you enough about the Hells Canyon Inn. Get down there and eat some of the delicious food! Andy is one heck of a cook and the young ladies who served us were smiling and happy. :) I would go back again...and I am!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Brandi S
“Only game in town”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Pulling up to this restaurant you would think that you would be in for a rough nights sleep. The food was good, nothing to rave about, but good none the less. There is not much to the atmosphere as we were the only ones there for a bit until some people came in at the end of our meal. No other options in the general area of our stay at the Hells canyon adventure lodge and we were too tired to cook. The price was average and came to 65 for 2 chicken wraps, a steak dinner, a chicken dinner and a hamburger allwith drinks. If you are in the area and are hungry I would recommend.

I would compare the food to a diner if that helps any.

3 Thank Emmagrace08