“Top notch customer service and handy dandy afternoon option”

Hells Canyon Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$177.00*
and up
Hells Canyon Jet Boat Tour
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Oxbow
More attraction details
Owner description: Hells Canyon Adventures offers jet boat tours, fishing charters, and shuttle services at the South Entrance of Hells Canyon. Hells Canyon is the deepest gorge in North America!
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This review covers my extensive web search and experience with Hells Canyon Adventures via emails. After many hours of researching various options for a jet boat tour in Hells Canyon, I settled on Hells Canyon Adventures. Since I was searching "Idaho" websites, it took some reading to realize we could reach the departure point going through Oregon. And, Hells Canyon Adventures offered an afternoon trip, giving us time to travel several hours on the day of our trip. Brandie was extremely helpful as we exchanged numerous emails. She provided recommendations for tent camping. Brandie forewarned of road construction on our route. Every question I asked, she promptly and courteously answered. Unfortunately, a group has Hells Canyon Adventures booked the afternoon we'll be passing through.

3  Thank SeekingSpeakingValue
There are newer reviews for Hells Canyon Adventures

Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is an update from my review dated Aug. 8,2013. I did receive a letter from Brandie L. acknowledging a need to more accurately represent advertising of their tours. May see some changes in the future? She also generously offered to, "make it right" on a future tour with Hell's Canyon Adventures...apology accepted. Thank you Brandie!

3  Thank Douglas G
Reviewed October 24, 2013

In June 2013 we had the pleasure of experiencing Hell's Canyon with a two hour jet boat trip through the canyon on the Snake River. The rugged beauty of the canyon was fascinating. Our boat captain was very informative providing information on the geology of the canyon and early Indian inhabitants. He also shared stories of white inhabitants complete with a murder mystery. We made a suggestion to the owners that a sign might be added when you arrive at the dam. You have to drive across the dam to the other side of the river to board the boat. My husband was hesitant to do this which resulted in a delay for our tour. The owners were most gracious and accommodating of our mistake. Thank you Hell's Canyon Adventures for being an exciting part of our Oregon adventure.

2  Thank gritsingrayson
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We took the overnight trip from the put-in below Hell's Canyon Dam 110 miles downstream to Lewiston, ID, and then back again the next day. The boat proved itself river-worthy and is the only way to venture upstream through the rapids. The majority of the trip was scenic and fun. We saw much wildlife including mountain sheep, river otter, turkey, heron, chuckar, grouse, and more. The historical sites were interesting. We counted the trip as one of our favorites.

1  Thank BobS83622
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We took the 2 hr. Granite Creek Tour. Good history and info. about the area. The scenery is beautiful and the boat ride is safe. However the brochure states we would stop along the way to see Native American Pictographs, which I have done before on another trip. This was confirmed in our phone conversation with Brandie L. while making reservations. Upon arriving at the boat, we were told by Mark, (the captain) that no, we weren't stopping today...that it was too hot! I called Brandie back after the trip and reported. She said she would, "look into it". No apology, no fee reduction, no call back. Sadly, I felt misled about an otherwise fun trip!

3  Thank Douglas G
jethellscanyon, Manager at Hells Canyon Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Mark and I (Brandie) appreciate Douglas' review of our Granite Creek Adventure. He seemed to enjoy all aspects of the trip other than the fact that we didn't stop at pictogrpahs as our brochure states. On July 26 when Douglas took the Afternoon Granite Creek Tour the temperatures in the canyon were between 104-110. Mark, the Captain of the trip, made the decision to not hike to the site because of the extreme heat and inserted a swimming stop instead. Our Captains will always choose comfort and safety for our customers first. After our season is over our company is going to discuss how to better advertise the adventures we offer.

Doug also mentioned that our office did not contact him back after he called and spoke with me. I spoke with Doug on July 31. I mentioned to him that I wanted to visit with Mark and that I would contact him again. After I visited with Mark, I wrote Doug a letter. The letter was mailed on August 1. I wanted him to have my opinion of the situation in writing so that there was no miscommunication. I believe that my letter addressed his concerns.