When we arrived at the Inn, we checked in at the guest service building. We were then told to park our car in the parking lot across the building and to wait for the bell boy to come to our car in his buggy “golf cart with a cargo space at the back”. There was no parking space right next to any dwelling units and the pathways were very steep, so we definitely would use the bell boy service. The bell boy loaded all our stuff on to the buggy and unloaded all to our room. We were very happy with the service.
We booked through Time Share so we had a one bedroom suite. The set up was very neat. It was actually a 2-room unit with separate entrances and a connecting door. One room was a hotel room with 2 double beds, a full bath room, a vanity room and a wet bar. It had a flat screen TV and a table. The room was clean and had a balcony and ocean view. My only complaint was that the mattress was the firmest I had ever slept on and the pillows were tiny and flat. I could not sleep well for several nights and my back was still hurting a week later.
The other room had a full kitchen, a full bathroom, a dinning area, and a spacious living area. It also had a balcony and ocean view. It had a good size flat screen TV and a mini HiFi component. There were two Duraflame fire logs by the fireplace and it was fun to watch the log burn. In total, we had a lot of living space for just my wife and I.
The outdoor swimming pool was quite big and the water was very warm. The jacuzzi was very hot and I liked it hot. The fitness room was small but well-equipped. It was locked and we did not bother to ask for the key.
The free WiFi service in our room was very intermittent even though they lent us a Repeater. The problem was not with the Network connection. It’s mainly because the Internet portion was down most of the time due to weather condition. When the Internet was working, it was 2 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload.
There was a restaurant in the resort but we did not eat there. The ocean view by the restaurant was breath-taking, especially the sunset view. There was a staircase at the restaurant parking lot (85 steps) that led to the beach below. We had several nice walks on that beach and the view was awesome.
There was a walking path from the resort to Devil’s Punch Bowl. It’s about a 10-minute walk. You would walk through a wood and past several streets and then turn right on 1st Street. Devil’s Punch Bowl was quite a nature’s wonder and the view of Beverly Beach and Yaquina Head Lighthouse was just amazing. At Devil’s Punch Bowl, on 1st Street between B Ave. and C Ave. , there was a staircase case that led down to the beach below. We walked miles and miles on the beach to Beverly Beach further south. The beach was very easily to walk on and the view was great. It was the best beach walk we ever had. Remember to wear water-proof footware that’s at least ankle high because there are sections of the beach with running streams that you need to cross even when it is low tide.
We had been to Oregon coast before so this time we did not do much sightseeing. We only went to Yaquina Head Light House and Oregon Coast Aquarium, which were just about 10-15 minutes drive. We also went to Tanger Oulet Mall in Lincoln City (about 25 minutes drive north of the Inn). We bought everything we wanted there.
Overall, we were very happy with our stay in the Inn at Otter Crest. The best feature of this resort is location, location, location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Otter Crest is an affordable oceanfront condominium style hotel set on 35 beautiful acres on Oregon's Central Coast between Newport and Lincoln City. It offers a wide variety of room accommodations to fit different group sizes and budgets. It is a wonderful destination for weddings, events or reunions - and affordable for a spontaneous romantic getaway! Bring the family to enjoy the panoramic views, explore tidepools and stroll through the forest to the village of Otter Rock to taste Flying Dutchman wines or enjoy clam chowder at Mo's West. Visit the Inn at Otter Crest for a quiet retreat and enjoy the outdoor heated pool or relax on your own private balcony and ocean view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Inn at Otter Crest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Otter Crest Hotel Otter Rock
- Hotel At Otter Crest
- At Otter Crest Hotel
- Inn At Otter Crest Otter Rock, Oregon