It is a matter of timing...the restaurant is closed, the work out gym is being refurbished and the walls are paper thin. The building we stayed in is older. The bed was comfortable and the pillows acceptable. Earplugs can help with the neighbors when they are having a conversation that is even slightly excited. We awoke an hour earlier one day thanks to the neighbor's kids. But mostly people really try to respect the need for quiet. We are in a second story studio. We don't have the noise of people walking over our heads. The beach is close and there is the Devil's Punchbowl State Park within walking distance (10 mins?) from the hotel. We thought New Year's Eve would be a fun time to be here, we were a bit surprised at how few guests there are, and no activities that the hotel sponsors, like we have enjoyed at other timeshare resorts. Thankfully, there is a great sports bar the locals enjoy which we just happened upon. Szabo's. It is fairly close in Agate Beach and the cuisine is great price for great food. Seafood, specials, steak, and sandwiches. It is not a pizza place. We were there during the Fiesta Bowl and the place was full of mostly local folks who got together to enjoy the game on the big screen tvs. If you don't feel like being a 'tourist' this is a great bar/restaurant that is VERY kid friendly. Many families present to watch the game. I don't know if we would stay here again, our room was the furthest from the ocean, looking out over the Tennis courts...with Otter Rock visible (that was a neat site) and a little of the ocean. We could hear the ocean at a distance, but not as much as we would have liked. We booked this online about 10 months in advance. The staff is helpful and friendly. It was fairly easy to find with many places nearby for the naturalist and ocean enthusiast. We loved walking the beaches, visiting the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse, and the aquarium on Newport. Great location. We also enjoyed having a guest stay with us on the sofa bed for a night. That was fine. I am not sure we would stay here again, given other timeshare possibilities on the Coast of Oregon, but it is a possibility. The TV was old (square and not flat screen)and small (25"? if that big).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Otter Crest is an affordable oceanfront condominium style hotel set on 35 beautiful acres on Oregon's Central Coast between Newport and Lincoln City. It offers a wide variety of room accommodations to fit different group sizes and budgets. It is a wonderful destination for weddings, events or reunions - and affordable for a spontaneous romantic getaway! Bring the family to enjoy the panoramic views, explore tidepools and stroll through the forest to the village of Otter Rock to taste Flying Dutchman wines or enjoy clam chowder at Mo's West. Visit the Inn at Otter Crest for a quiet retreat and enjoy the outdoor heated pool or relax on your own private balcony and ocean view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Inn at Otter Crest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Otter Crest Hotel Otter Rock
- Hotel At Otter Crest
- At Otter Crest Hotel
- Inn At Otter Crest Otter Rock, Oregon