“Great camp site”

138 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Great camp site”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We go over night car camping once a year and we've been doing it now for 9 years. I have to say this was one of my favorite spots. Book near the yurts which is near the beach. There is a nice breeze so less buggy. We took the nature trail which runs by the creek and most of the other camp sites (esp the big RV sites) are near there and it seemed stuffy and closed in. There are lots to do near by and make sure to stop at Boiler Bay stopping point to watch for whales. We were only there for about 1/2 h but we saw a whale.

Visited July 2013

Reno, Nevada
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Nice Campground and Beautiful Beach”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here on our trip up the coast. The beach is beautiful and the campground very nice, many families with young children and dogs. The restrooms were clean and had free showers with lots of hot water.

Beaverton, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Space G15 / Quiet Park”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have a large tent (19') so we use RV designated spaces for camping. This space was nice since it had water and electrical which helped power hubster's Nook and phone (he's still a little fuzzy on "getting away").

Behind our space was a nice open, sandy area which was great for star gazing. We had our telescope with us and found unobstructed viewing so if you like to look at the night sky and too lazy or comfy by the fire to walk out to the beach then this spot is a terrific place to be. Also, map shows paths to restrooms not convenient to this space, but we found that we could shortcut using the open area.

We love the loops (G / H) that are towards the back of the campground - granted you really have to work to hear the waves crash, but the frogsong is strong and lulls to sleep pretty nicely. The best part of these loops is you are far away from the road and traffic going in and out of the park so vehicular noise is minimal. The back loops are very quiet for traffic since people aren't passing through to get to other loops so they are a good spot to be if you have children with bikes or scooters. Additionally, G loop has a nice playground which we saw was very popular while we were there.

I've camped at Beverly Beach multiple times in my life - childhood on up - and love this. It is my favorite beach to camp at. Hubster stayed here for the first time and is eager to go back. Course this time of the season....good luck finding a reservation.

One thing I especially appreciate at this park is the cleanliness and the quiet. Talking with the host they mentioned the restrooms are cleaned multiple times throughout the day and that accounts for the spotless condition I found them in whenever I visited. He also mentioned that at the time we were staying there were close to 1700 people using the park - you would have never known that. Quiet was the keyword here - people not partying, talking voices, even the children seem to be hesitant to make a rukus in this park.

4 Thank Lesley H
Boise, Idaho
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Place to Stay While on the Coast!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We just got back from a week long stay at Beverly Beach. We found it to be a great place to stay with our trailer. It is true that there isn't much privacy, but sometimes it is fun to get to know your neighbors. We weren't there much as we came here to sleep and then we were gone to various places.
We have three boys that loved riding their bikes or being toted in the bike trailer. If you are in a site a ways back, bikes are a great way to get to the beach. Unless you are in the loop by the ranger station, you won't be seeing the beach at all. As far as highway noise is concerned, we didn't notice it at all at anytime we were outside.
This was a great place to stay for a central location to explore. The beach was fantastic. We did notice that there were sand fleas that were biting us on the first day we were there. Although, it seems that these don't come out unless you dig a hole that gets waves in it and then stand in the hole. Other than the sand fleas, the beach was a lot of fun for us and our boys. We felt safe the entire time we were in the park and would definitely return for future visits.

1 Thank dolbycat
Pasco, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Love the beach, but I wish it was wheel chair accessible for all to enjoy.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have gone to this beach since I was a kid. Every summer since I can remember we would camp at Beverly Beach. It is beautiful and clean. I came back this June with my family and mother-in-law who is in a wheelchair and was very dissapointed that there was no way to get her or my nephew in his stroller down to the beach to enjoy it's beauty. Please inform me if there is something I have overlooked.