“Awesome Views from the top!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cascade Head Trail

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Otis
More attraction details
Owner description: This hiking trail is known for its wildlife, beach and scenery.
Grand Ronde, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome Views from the top!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

6-7 miles up and back, 1200 foot climb. Starts out at the mouth of the Salmon River, winds through rain forest, then up a hill. Hikers are rewarded with Spctacular views of the ocean, coast and river valley for more than half of the hike. The day we were there, we could see for miles down the coastline. The weather was beautiful, and there was a crowd at the top of the mountain (but we saw very few people while on the trail).

We took 1 hour and 15 minutes to the top, and are middle aged (I'm 50, but can't share my wife's age), and are in decent shape.

The trail is maintained by the Nature Conservancy.

Great day hike!

Visited June 2013
5 Thank pdempsey1097

Santa Barbara, California
202 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 415 helpful votes
“Beautiful View!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Not a terribly challenging hike and a great views of the Pacific Ocean! I caught it at a busy time (Memorial Day) but it was worth the trouble! Worth the time!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank kuwells
Independence, Oregon, USA
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Fantastic views, fairly easy walk.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

If you can beat the crowds and avoid muddy times, this is one of the best hikes ANYWHERE. Picnic at the point for whale watching or a sunset you won't forget.

4 Thank RichVW
Seattle
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I have been meaning to take this hike for several years and finally did this past Sept. We hiked from the bottom of the trail so it was a pretty good hiking distance but well worth it. From the top you could see north and south along the coast. What really made it cool was that you could also see back inland to the estuary and the valley. Gorgeous in either direction. We left a little late in the day so we are going to do it again next year so we can spend more time up there. Oh yes, I almost forgot we saw 3 deer on the trail while hiking. They were actually on the trail and we had to wait for them to move along. So cool.

2 Thank SeattleParrothead
Portland, Oregon
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awesome like a heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have heard of that hike for a long time til I asked my son to join me for that hike. Worth it - I will bring my friends and family there again and again.

1 Thank teresa9093