“Awesome view”
Review of Cascade Head Trail

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Otis
More attraction details
Owner description: This hiking trail is known for its wildlife, beach and scenery.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I have been meaning to take this hike for several years and finally did this past Sept. We hiked from the bottom of the trail so it was a pretty good hiking distance but well worth it. From the top you could see north and south along the coast. What really made it cool was that you could also see back inland to the estuary and the valley. Gorgeous in either direction. We left a little late in the day so we are going to do it again next year so we can spend more time up there. Oh yes, I almost forgot we saw 3 deer on the trail while hiking. They were actually on the trail and we had to wait for them to move along. So cool.

2  Thank SeattleParrothead

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have heard of that hike for a long time til I asked my son to join me for that hike. Worth it - I will bring my friends and family there again and again.

1  Thank teresa9093
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Pleasant hike through Sitka spruce to amazing meadows overlooking the ocean. Seas of waving grass and flowers. Special habit for endangered species. Don't leave valuables in your car. It is a bad place for break ins.

2  Thank wino74
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Terrific view of the coast that you can't see anywhere else. The upper trail can be a bit muddy, but it is flat until the very last bit in the meadow area.

1  Thank WILLIAM S
Reviewed January 22, 2012

When we lived in the Lincoln City area we walked this trail several times every year.

1  Thank Gary H