“Don't miss this treasure!”
Review of Otis Cafe

Otis Cafe
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Otis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Everything is great, varieties of fresh baked bread, fresh coffee, pies, incredible meals!

Reviewed November 14, 2010

This was my first visit (my husband's second). It will not be our last! While the service wasn't super - they were friendly. It's a tiny place, a little "greasy spoon" looking. If there isn't a table, it's worth sitting at the bar.

My husband's biscuits and gravy were awesome! (Full order is huge!) Flaky, perfect texture biscuits covered in a really yummy sausage gravy. My order of "the original" potatoes with onions and bacon, topped with white cheddar was so tasty! I got the quarter order and had leftovers! The food was out super fast, and was piping hot!

Oh! And the bread! It didn't come with our meal this time, so we decided to buy a couple loaves for home. The black molasses is amazing, and the pumpkin is simply the best I've had. We may be making trips out there just for the bread! :)

Reviewed October 7, 2010

This is a very small place. Seven tables, counter with six stools. You will wait on the weekends. Waiting is very informal. No one will take your name. When you get there, say, who came last? That's who you are in line behind. It drives some preople crazy. But it is so wonderful!

Oh my freaking God, the potatoes! Hash browns like heaven.I had a delicious omlette on my first visit, but the hash browns are the star at breakfast.

When they ask you if you want whole wheat or black molasses bread with your breakfast, say black molasses. The whole wheat is fabulous. But the black molasses? The aroma, the texture, the finish, all exquisite. It is baking like people don't bake anymore. Except they do at Otis Grill. Loaves of both kinds plus the wonderful pumpkin bread are available for take out.

I had breakfast there twice in the past few weeks and went back for dinner. Dinner was clam chowder, thick, flavorable. I had grilled salmon and more hashbrowns, lovely piece of fish. More of those wonderful hashbrowns. Bread comes with your dinner. I went there with the explicit purpose of trying the pie, but I was too full! Will have to make another trip.

Don't come to this part of Oregon without a stop at the Otis Cafe.

Reviewed September 25, 2010

Homemade cinnamon rolls are to die for. homemade bread outstanding. It's a small place, but worth the wait. You won't have to eat the rest of the day if you eat here. I highly recommend the chicken fried steak for breakfast.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

We try to stop at the Otis Cafe every time we go to Lincoln City. Little cafe, often crowded due to popularity with the locals and tourists. Fresh baked bread, wonderful molasses bread. We like to get a loaf to take with us. Home cooked food like it used to be. Prices are very reasonable, Always food left to take home. Lots of pie, breakfast all day.