“Great Home Cooking”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
“Great Home Cooking”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We go to the Otis Cafe every time we are in the area, so it's been a 20+ year tradition. I still love it as much as the first time. The dense molasses bread is to die for! We always take a loaf to go. The potatoes with cheese, onions and their salsa are sooooo good. My husband (who always orders blueberry pancakes everywhere we go) says the Otis Cafe makes the best ones. My son & nephew had bacon waffles and loved them. We got amazingly fast service, too.This is just a old-fashioned place with good, fresh home cooking. Nothing fancy, nothing trendy--but they know how to satisfy. Thanks for another good meal!

1 Thank TheBigTrain

“Why is this restaurant so popular”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I went to the Otis Cafe with great anticipation. I did not have to wait very long which was outstanding. I had their famous potatoes - which were good - but only good. Not great. I can not imagine that I will ever go again but it was just okay - nothing special and nothing worth waiting an hour or more for.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Epullen
Cupertino, California
“Chicken Fried Steak!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We enjoyed the homemade food at this old-school roadside diner. The clam chowder was thick and creamy. And the chicken fried steak was highly appetizing and deeply gratifying. Given the generous serving size, the price was fairly reasonable. Our bill averaged out to around $17 per person.

Neotsu, OR
“Not What It Used to Be!!!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We live in the area and visited frequently. I think they just maybe got a bit too Cocky..... But being #1 out of 2 isn't that outstanding.... Not worth waiting for in my opinion.

• Visited February 2014
Aiken, South Carolina
“Grandma's Bread!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Otis Cafe is a tiny little place with great food. We had to wait for a table and unfortunately got sticky and stained with jam on the chair, but the breakfast was well worth it. Their DELICIOUS molasses bread took me right back to my grandmother's kitchen! Portions are generous, prices are reasonable, service is friendly.

1 Thank Connie S