“Best Western's Rivershore Hotel in Oregon City” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel

BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oregon City
Mountain View, United States
“Best Western's Rivershore Hotel in Oregon City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

If you are looking for a beautiful view this is the place to stay. The Rivershore is located near one of the best fishing locations on the Willamette River. It is also close by to every amenity you could want or need. The staff at the Rivershore are very helpful and you will feel like royalty.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cody H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Dear Joanne B,

Thank you for being our guest and for the wonderful comments in regard to the beautiful view, the location and the helpful staff. We’re very proud of our hotel and honored to have had the privilege of serving you. Please come back and see us again the next time you’re in the Oregon City area!

Cody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
klamath falls, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Food was lousy, not buffet style. Rooms were cramped/smelled. Balcony overlooked the river, however river was across a highway, and the freeway was overhead, noisy. Staff were rude, service was terrible, internet service was lousy, hot tub was broken. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

3 Thank Tonya M
Dear Tonya M,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I’ll be sure to look into and address the issues that you have described. I’m very sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations and I wish you pleasant travels in the future.

Best regards,

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Got there late and check-in was very high security. Like you see at the bank going through the drive through. I didn't expect that in Oregon. I suppose things to happen. Not the cleanest place either but what topped it was a bloody tampon in the way back corner under the sink from previous guests all crusty.
We got there late and didn't leave until Noon so got charged for the next day too. What a scam.

Room Tip: Average, but cheap if that what you are looking for.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank jjlkal
Dear jjlkal,

I’m very sorry that your experience was such a negative one and thank you for bringing it to my attention. We do in fact have a night window for very late arrivals. Though safety and security issues are not a problem here at our hotel, we do understand that “bad things” can happen anywhere. So, we do our best to foster and support a very safe and secure environment. We are not trying to protect our staff from our guests; we are trying to protect our staff and our guests from any unforeseen issues. Additionally, this review is the first time that I had been made aware of the cleanliness issues that you have described. And, I do apologize for that. I only wish that you would have let me, or another member of management know about it; so we could have had an opportunity to correct it prior to your departure. Also, I know that we often accommodate “late departure” guests and do not charge additional fees for that service. Again, simply sharing your concerns with management may have been beneficial to both of us in that regard. In conclusion, I’m sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations and I wish you pleasant travels in the future.

Respectfully,

waldport, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Very clean,. Friendly staff. On the river with nice view . Across from a park and walking path. Comfortable, quiet. Great location on the outskirts of Portland. Easy drive to get into the city. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Robert L,

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful compliments; I will certainly share your review with our staff. I am very happy that you had such a great experience and I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

The place was old, but Ok as far as clean, etc. Average. But the parking problem is ridiculous. Hotel and over flow full by bar next door. Staff told me it's like this on the weekend. So fix it!! Decide if you want bar patrons or hotel patrons. Had to park across street in unlit area. That's the big bummer cause hotel was fine. Not great, but fine.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kelley B,

Thank you for allowing us to serve you; I’m pleased that we were able to accommodate your lodging needs. I am sorry however, that the parking was an issue. I, and corporate hotel representatives have petitioned the city to allow us to expand our parking area. Unfortunately, we have not been successful as of yet. I do plan on continuing to work toward that goal and hope to make progress soon. Hopefully, you’ll give us another chance to serve you again in the future and the improvements will be completed.

Best regards,

Long IslandNY, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We were originally hesitant to stay here because they accept guests with pets. However, all pets and their owners we encountered were quiet and well-behaved. Hotel is conveniently located off I-205, and has one of the better restaurants in the area. This was our second stay in two years at this property, so we were more than satisfied. All rooms face the river and have small balconies. This is pleasant in the morning, and maybe in months other than July-August, when afternoon sun makes balcony very warm. We will probably stay here again next year when a workshop brings us to this area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Dear Richard H,

Thank you for being our guests once again, we do enjoy serving you! I’m glad that your stay was pleasant and I’m grateful for the nice comments. I certainly hope that you’ll allow us to serve you again next year, when your travels bring you back to our area.

Camarillo, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed here two nights for a business trip as my usual haunt was booked. The location is easy to find off the 205 and right next to the beautiful Willamette River. Check-in was uneventful, the staff pleasant and informative. I received a room on the fourth floor at the far end of the building. The elevator at the far end smells like grease akin to standing in a mechanic's garage.

The room has an interesting entrance, the door is angled, so when one opens the door it opens into the bathroom area, step in and pull your belongings in and shuffle to the side to close the door. It was just a funky design I have never encountered before. The room was nice, clean and the bed comfortable. I had a great view of the river.

I ate at the restaurant for dinner twice and breakfast my last morning. The first dining experience was good, the food good and service was excellent. The second evening I ordered a salad and a glass of wine. The salad as my main course came out before my wine. Service was slow and the server apologetic for her slow service. I waited what seemed like a long time before I received my bill. Breakfast the next morning was the same slow service and a server rolling their eyes when I asked to exchange my lipstick smudged coffee mug.

Overall the hotel is nice and the view of the river can't be beat. I'm not giving rave reviews of the restaurant. If you like to walk or jog, there is a path along the river that is a refreshing experience, get outside and enjoy nature. Given the need to be in the area again and my usual is booked, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear ChipsTravels,

Thank you for staying with us, I’m glad to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. Thank you also for the nice comments in regard to the pleasant hotel staff, nice rooms and clean & comfortable bed. I’ll have our maintenance staff investigate the odor in the elevator and correct it promptly. I’ll also share your experience with the restaurant and I can assure you that, there’ll not be any future service issues. I do hope that you’ll give us another opportunity in the future, we’d be delighted to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon City
Lakeshore Inn
#5 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel? Share your experiences!