“They Take Pets and the Rooms are Great!”

Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oregon City
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Unlike most hotels, these folks accept pets and the beds are good. I have visited here about 3 times and every time has been good. We ate at the restaurant once and I don't recall anything particular about it. I do remember that the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Kyle,

Thank you so much for the review and your compliments regarding the bed comfort, the great rooms and our relaxed pet policy. Thank you also for continuing to be our guest; we are very grateful! We delight ourselves in providing the best accommodations and service possible to our guests while maintaining excellent value and consistency. I am very pleased that you have chosen The Rivershore as your “home away from home” while visiting the Oregon City area; and I do hope that you’ll allow us another opportunity to serve you again soon.

Thanks again!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I've rated this hotel before, but thought I'd update some information. Great place if you have a dog because of the trails and park outside your door, plus potty bags are provided. The room key cards worked much better this time. We tried the restaurant this trip and it is excellent as is the staff there. Wish the rooms had a little table and 2 chairs to eat at, but just a small table and easy chair, plus desk and chair. Have stayed here for a couple of weeks at a time and always found it convenient. Do request a room away from the stairs as the doors slam each time they are used.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Karen,

Welcome back and thank you so much for allowing us to serve you again! Thank you also for the pleasant compliments. I am so pleased that your key cards worked better this time and I’m also glad that you had an opportunity to experience the restaurant as well. I hope that you found the free breakfast options to be satisfactory, as I know that the last time you stayed with us, the lack of a continental breakfast was a bit of a disappointment. On another note, we do in fact have guestrooms with a small table and 2 chairs. The next time you come to visit us you can request that type of room and we’d be happy to accommodate you. Thank you again Karen for being our guest and we certainly hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I recommend this hotel. Nice to have a patio door to a balcony overlooking the river. Check in was efficient. Roon was spotless with a good bed. Pillows were overfilled and lumpy. Restaurant was ok. Priced well for what you get.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank smokeyj
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear smokeyj,

Thank you for staying with us and for the pleasant review. Thank you also for your recommendation and your comments regarding the cleanliness, the view and the value; I am truly, very grateful. I am sorry however, that your pillows were less than comfortable. I will absolutely investigate that and do my best to correct that issue promptly. Again, thank you for being our guest and I hope that you’ll allow us another opportunity to serve you the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Rivershore Best Western, located between Gladstone and Oregon City, is very convenient to the major highways (205, 99, 5), good restaurants & coffee (Starbucks is across the street) and recreation. The hotel also has its own excellent restaurant(BLD) with GREAT service (Thanks Stevie) and overlooks the Willamette River! The building itself is somewhat dated, but the rooms are quite nice...clean, attractively decorated & reasonably priced. We stayed 5 nights (that speaks for itself) and toured into/around Portland. They have a hotel laundry, provide morning coffee and The Oregonian newspaper. If the exterior were updated this Best Western would be a 5 star, not 4. We will definitely stay at The Rivershore Best Western again. Great staff.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms look out on the Willamette River. We were on the 4th floor/south wing. I'd go...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear richgale,

Thank you so much for your pleasant comments about the location, amenities and staff. I’ll be sure to let Stevie know how much you appreciated her. Thank you also for being our guest and allowing us the opportunity to serve you. I hope that you’ll be back again soon and give us another chance to take care of you. Until then, best wishes and we look forward to your speedy return!

Thanks again,

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We picked this hotel as our base for our road trip because it was a bit off the beaten path, but with easy access for whichever direction we chose to travel. If you're looking for something uber cool or trendy, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for great staff, delicious food, and most importantly a good night's sleep..then look no further. This hotel is comfy! Beds that are so comfortable we almost regretted not doing the trip down in one day so we could spend another night there!! We ate in the bar both nights because the food was so good - and cheap - that there was no point in going anywhere else!! Special shout-out to Hayley, our bartender/waitress, who was truly a joy to encounter. Had wonderful pedicures at the strip mall across the road, and Ross opened the day before we arrived, so lots of good deals. Gorgeous watching the Willamette River, and there is a good path to wander along if you're not too tired from shopping. We would happily return!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear lumublu,

What a great review; thank you so much! Thank you also for being our guest and commenting on all of the wonderful attributes of our beautiful hotel and the Oregon City area. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the road trip and also had an opportunity to do some relaxing while under our care. I certainly hope that you’ll have another opportunity to visit us again soon and begin “Girls Road Trip Part 3”! Thank you again and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I loved how comfy this bed was that I could've probably slept another 8 hours! I usually stay at Courtyards but this was definitely up to their level. Only wish Best Western offered healthier breakfasts.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear recent guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the wonderful comments. I am very grateful that you chose to be our guest and I hope that you will return again soon. I am sorry however, that we were not able to offer you a healthier breakfast option; that is something that I will focus on moving forward. Again, thank you and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

First time, I though my experience was an anomaly - best westerns are usually of a higher standard... However this hotel is rundown and rooms smell stale - indeed last stay, the first room was so smelly that I asked to be moved. Second room was better, but still smelled musty. Restaurant food is bad. Will NEVER stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FiandBob

Dear FiandBob,

I am very sorry that your experience with us was so poor. I cannot imagine what may have caused such terrible odors but, I am committed to correcting it. I know that we don’t deserve it but, I hope that you’ll allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future and begin the process of rebuilding your trust in us. In the event that you would be willing to give us that chance, please contact me personally and I’ll see to it that we do our very best to accommodate all of your lodging needs. Again I’m very sorry and I wish you the best.

Respectfully,

Lakeshore Inn
Lakeshore Inn
#2 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas

Been to Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel? Share your experiences!