“Nice older Hotel so don't expect everything to be like new.”

Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oregon City
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Nice older Hotel so don't expect everything to be like new.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights over Easter Weekend. Lovely view of the river from just about all rooms. Estimate about 40 parking spaces on the first level that are like careports plus a large enough parking lot for just about everyone. Second floor is where the rooms start and there are 4 floors but only 2 through 4 are rooms. Trailers and motorhomes can park next to hotel on the street. Seems safe because all the rooms face the area. Pretty quiet from traffic on one both sides of the hotel because opposite side from rooms is the hallway with windows facing main street side. The other side of the hotel are the rooms facing the river, all facing west. Rooms are older and for those of you frightened by "popcorn" ceilings, you had best not stay here. LOL. Hotel has a few drawbacks but most important to us is that it was clean, so much so that Mr. Cheapskate, me, left a tip for the housekeeper. Miracles never cease! As noted, it is older but pretty well kept up. Carpets in halls and rooms are older but seemed clean. A little downer was the very small elevators, I don't do well in them in these were really small. Keycard is used to operate when going up. Nice safely feature. People at check in were cheerful and as well at check out. Coffee in the lobby. There is a restaurant attached and you are given a $4, per person coupon to use for breakfast. We ate there twice. Older place but appeared clean and we enjoyed the food and would say it was average. We did not try lunch or dinner however. Now let us move into our room. Clean as noted but again, it is an older room but kept up. Small sink and counter area out side restroom/shower area. Small clothes hanging area too. A little tight to pass each other in bed area because large cabinet with TV on it sticks out a little to much with the beds opposite it but it was okay. There was a refer and microwave. Desk, small table with a couple of chairs. Very small balcony with a couple of plastic chairs to sit out on. Someone else noted that the screen door doesn't slide well but it was no big thing. As noted, balcony faces west, so morning view was pretty nice looking out on the river. About 20 small boats out of the river fishing off and on over the weekend. Nice little park right next to the hotel with some nice history for the area. Beds were comfortable but don't know about the pillows, there were alot of them but we always bring our own pillows. Bathroom fan sounds like a yard blower and it is on the same switch as the light. The other light for the sink area, outside the toilet/shower area is part way into the sleeping area and is very bright so anyone still trying to sleep in the dark is not going to be able to, it is bright. We enjoyed our visit and would return.

Room Tip: Try for the forth floor, seemed extra guiet with no one above you like a marching band or a drill te...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your review and thank you for being our guest! Thank you also for commenting on our cleanliness; that is indeed very important to us and I'll let our housekeeping department know how much you appreciate them. I'm pleased that you had a good experience with our cheerful front desk staff, and I'll be sure to recognize them as well. I'm sorry that the fan was too noisy and I'll have maintenance correct that immediately. I'm sorry also that we were unable to exceed your expectations in other areas. For what it's worth, we are committed to strive for excellence and value; and have recently completed some exciting updates, including 37 inch flat panel TV's in every room, upgraded Sealy mattresses, industry leading linen & terry products and salon quality bathroom amenities; just to name a few. We are also on the threshold of some large scale renovations as well and we are all very excited about that; and hope that you are too! I can assure you that we are dedicated to setting the standard for lodging accommodations in our area and leading the industry in superior customer care. I hope that you'll return to the Rivershore soon and allow us another opportunity to serve you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
Goldendale, Washington
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Best Western Plus Riverside Hotel was easy to get to and located close to a variety of restaurants, plus it had a great restaurant at the hotel. We found the room very clean and well laid out. The wireless internet worked great and was fast. We used the breakfast coupons provided by the hotel for the restaurant, finding the service and quality of food satisfactory. There was several restaurants across the street which was easily within walking distance.

1 Thank GUY T
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your comments; we are indeed grateful for your feedback. I am very pleased that you were comfortable here as our guest, and I will surely let the housekeeping and restaurant staff know how much you enjoyed your stay. Please come back to see us whenever you're in the area; we'd be delighted to serve you again!
Culver, Oregon, Usa
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The first room was not up to par so I asked to be moved. This was no problem. Second room was nice. Great view of the river. One really needs to eat at the place. The food is great and the service is excellent. I will stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review. Let me start by apologizing for the first room not meeting your expectations. As a hospitality professional, that is embarrassing and unacceptable; and I'm sorry. I am grateful however that the rest of your experience was pleasant and I'll be sure to let the staff know how pleased you were with the food and the service. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!
Redmond
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice inside: Clean room with a river view, but a lot of strange people loitering in the parking lot and grounds. Being by myself, I did not feel perfectly safe when going to and from my car. Staff were very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review; I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your room and the friendliness of the staff. However, I'm so sorry that you felt less than comfortable in the parking lot. That is not something that we typically have a problem with here, but nevertheless, I understand and I will take the necessary course of action to combat any future issues in that regard. I hope that this experience does not dissuade you from visiting us again and I further hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I had to travel up here from Bend, OR to take my cat to Vca animal hospital in Clackamas. I was thrilled that they gladly accepted my cat, the rooms were clean,bed was comfy for a hotel, resturant was good, staff was friendly and accommodating and it was very conveniently located off I-205 on the river.. I stayed here 2 nights and would not hesitate to stay here again in the future..

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Bhappy77
Thank you so much for your review and your pleasant comments. I will be sure to let the staff know how pleased you were. I hope that your cat is doing well and that we will have another opportunity to serve both of you again soon!
Cottonwood
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel. We had a Queen room with nice amenities, including a frig, microwave, large flat-screen TV, and recliner chair. We didn't sit out on the balcony overlooking the Willamette River as we were able to on our summer visit last year, but we had a wonderful view from our room. The comfort of the bed was OK. My husband got a bit scalded on his chest as the shower water was a lot hotter out of the showerhead than the faucet, so be forewarned. Each guest is given $4 off any entree' on the breakfast menu at the hotel restaurant however we were told it could apply to an a la carte item. The prices were a bit high as far as we're concerned. We shared a 2-egg, ham, potato entree' (average) and biscuit & gravy (not so great). I was disappointed that we'd somehow missed the breakfast special until we were on our way out. The waitress hadn't mentioned it. The view was great from the restaurant. The room service staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and ready before check-in time so we were given our key when we arrived. We will stay here again when we come to visit family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thankful777
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. I am pleased that you had a pleasant visit with us and that you intend to visit us again in the future. However, I am sorry that you had a couple of negative experiences as well. It is always discouraging to hear when a guest is dissatisfied in any way, but I am grateful for the feedback and the opportunity to correct it. We have already begun to take measures to fix these issues and I believe that you will see the difference the next time you stay with us. Again, thank you for leaving such positive remarks and rest assured, we’ll use your comments as a tool to make us a better and more comfortable hotel for all of our guests. I hope to see you soon!
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Now that we often travel with our dog we look for pet friendly hotels. We had no trouble getting a pet friendly room with king bed. This is a really nice hotel; it is reasonably priced; they have a low fee for pets; and they are near a nice and romantic walking trail. The rooms were good sized and very clean. We will definitely stay again when we are in that area.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank John H
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and your pleasant comments about our pet friendly approach, the comfort and cleanliness of our guest rooms and the price value of our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had an opportunity to experience our definition of hospitality. It was a pleasure serving you and your pet and we hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon City
Comfort Suites Clackamas
Comfort Suites Clackamas
#5 of 8 in Clackamas
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas

Been to Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel? Share your experiences!