“Worth it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oregon City
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
“Worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I didn't realize until I pulled in that I had stayed here before....At first one may think there is the potential for trouble as the lobby is locked up at night and you can only interact with the front desk via an outside window that is reminiscent of a high crime area. HOWEVER, don't let it stop you. Actually I've never felt unsafe here. This time there was great undercover parking. My room (312) was quite nice. I judge many hotels by the water pressure in the shower, the TV reception and noise levels. The room overlooked the Willamette river and had a nice small balconey with outdoor chairs - no I didn't use them as it was in the low 30's - but I can imagine how wonderful it would be in the spring/summer. The hotel does have a restaurant but because of my schedule and their limited hours I couldn't eat there. Very close are many eating establishments and some shopping. The only complaint I would have is the noise levels from the heater/airconditioner and bathroom fan. I do believe Boeing 737's are quieter! I can only hope that I did not have anyone next to me because I needed to have the TV sound up high in order to hear it over the heater and with the cycling off and on I had to do frequent adjustments that were getting a bit irritating. All that aside I would stay again in a heartbeat (and will be probably in Feb)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank purplenell53
Cody H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your review and your compliments, we are very grateful. In regard to the night window, we are actually in a very safe area. However, you never know when, or if trouble may come your way, so we just thought that it was best to take some extra safety measures and lean toward the side of caution. Also, I would like to apologize for your heater being so noisy. I have had an electrician out to the property this week to help us overcome this issue, and hopefully we'll have it solved quickly. Once again, thank you for staying with us and for your comments and I'm truly sorry for the annoyance. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Visalia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a very enjoyable time. The staff was very helpful especially Cindy and Noemi.
We had a very beautiful view from our room. We will return again in a heart beat. The restaurant on site is very convenient. The General Manager Cody has a very good sense of humor.

Richard and Judy in room 317

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Cody H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Richard & Judy, thank you so much for your kind review. It was an absolute pleasure to all of us to have the opportunity to serve you and we can't wait to see you again! I will be sure to let Noemi and Cindy know how pleased you were with them and I'll also pass along your comments to the restaurant. Again, thank you very much and hurry back!
Hayden, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The location of this hotel is very convenient for traveling. We were surprised by the addition of ear plugs placed next to our bed but soon discovered the need for them a few hours into our first night. The heater was extremely loud when turning on and people walking above our room caused many squeaks during the night. The room does face the river and has a nice view of the water and bridge. Breakfast is offered on site with a discount voucher and was very good. We wanted to use the hot tub as the outdoor pool was closed for the season but the hours were too restricting. It didn't open until 10 a.m. and closed at 10 p.m.. Not too accessible for travelers. We would definately stay here again because of the location but would try for a room on the 4th floor to avoid some of the noise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Cody H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Hello and thank you for your pleasant comments about the hotel’s location, the breakfast and the view. I am however, so very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations while you were here, as our guest. It is in fact our goal to lead the industry in superior customer service and to set the standard for lodging accommodations in our area. I hope that this instance does not dissuade you from staying with us in the future. And, if you would be willing to allow us another opportunity to serve you, I resolve to utilize all of the resources at my disposal to ensure a more comfortable, warm and pleasant stay. Thank you for staying with us and thank you so much for your review. I do hope to see you again!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Check-in was efficient and easy. The Front Desk staff even said she didn't like the room we were originally assigned because it was next to a 'breezeway' entrance and might be noisy. I thought that was very thoughtful, as well as putting us away from the restrauant. The room was perfect with microwave and frig, as well as a lovely view of the river. The location is the BEST one if you want to walk yourself or your dog, as a long trail is just across the street.It is also perfect for those late night potty calls. Even though there are no outside doors to the rooms, do not be discouraged. The elevators are handy with a luggage trolley; we made the unload and load all in one trip. There is a computer with printer in the lobby that can be used, as well as 24 hour coffee. The exercise room was perfect: I used the bike; my husband used the glider; our Boxer used the treadmill. There was also a Universal Weight Machine... water, towels and TV.
The only drawback was there was no breakfast included. You do get a $4.00 voucher each day to use in the main restrauant for any meal.
Also important to verify your checkout date, as our door card (used for the elevator, stairs, spa and room was deactivated the date before we checked out. I had to go to the office to have them (we had 2) reactivated. I'm just glad it wasn't 10pm in the rain when that happened.
All in all this is lodging that we will stay in again when in Portland visiting. It was a great location allowing us to walk the dog and get some exercise ourselves. I highly recommend it to the traveler in and around Portland, Milwaukie, Oregon City, West Linn, etc.
We have stayed at the very nice Ecno Lodge on McLaughlin, but this time decided to try a new location. We liked the new adventure and will return.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the breezeways or elevators/stairs are best. There are joining rooms if you have a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Cody H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and your kind feedback about the hotel's many outlets and amenities. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to let our front desk staff and supervisor know how much you appreciated their suggestions and assistance. And, I am also glad that your pet was able to take advantage of our amenities as well. I also understand the inconvenience of not having a free continental breakfast; and I do apologize. In an attempt to overcome this issue we are currently researching alternative breakfast options. In regard to your key card difficulty, I can only say that I'm sorry. I wish that hadn't been an issue and I intend to schedule a full maintenance inspection into this problem. It is imperative to me that this matter gets resolved quickly and efficiently and I will work diligently to ensure that it does. Again, I am very sorry and I hope that these concerns do not dissuade you from staying with us in the future. On behalf of all the staff here at the Rivershore Hotel, we hope to see you again soon!
Mendocino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I love staying here. I've stayed here twice now; most recent visit was for 3 days. They are very dog friendly here and only charge like $5 for a pet. Most, if not all rooms have a river view and balcony. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The bed was quite comfortable and the decor just fine. On the negative side, though, the angled door makes getting into the room with luggage or two people at once a bit of a challenge. And I heard one lady complaining they hadn't cleaned her room yet at 4:00, but I've had no problems with that. They don't offer glass glasses, which I really hate when drinking wine and mixed drinks from paper or plastic. And the internet connection kept coming in and out. I do agree with the previous reviewer...we had problems with our key too. Parking, however, was no problem, but this hotel does fill up and I'm sure the parking can get tight. None of these issues would change my opinion of the hotel...I really like it here. The restaurant is so-so. For breakfast the veggie scramble for $3.50 (using the $4 off per person hotel voucher) was a great buy. Room service was fast, but our friends went to the restaurant at the same time and their service was lousy they said. Their food was great, they said, but ours (crab cakes and skewered shrimp) were average at best.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara R
Cody H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello and thank you for staying with us and for your review. It is very important to us to receive feedback from all of our guests as we are continually looking for ways to improve. On that note, I would like to apologize for the disappointing meal that you had in our restaurant and for your friends' as well. Also, I'm sorry that you and some of the other guests experienced trouble with your key cards. I do understand how frustrating that can be. It is my goal to not just look into these issues, but to correct them. I would also like to thank you for your friendly comments toward the staff and our pet policy. It was an absolute pleasure having you as our guest and I genuinely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Dupont, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The room was what you would expect from a Best Western. No complaints on bed comfort or layout. There are nice views from the room.

Parking can be tough (busy parking lot) if you don't arrive early enough.

We had a problem with the rooms keys. We had to get them reprogrammed about 8 times. Some days they would open the room but not the elevator, but not the room. Some days they would work on the stairwell, but not the elevator or room. Some days they wouldn't open anything. Very frustrating. The olnly advice the staff could offer was that the cards were tempermantal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank langrj
Thank you so much for your review. I'm incredibly sorry that you had such a difficult time with your key cards. I absolutely want to make sure that this sort of inconvenience does not continue. Let me also apologize for the parking situation as well. Your comfort and satisfaction are very important to all of us here at the Rivershore and it is my goal to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction that we can. I hope that we will give us another opportunity to service your travel needs in the future!
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

So.. Let's just start off by saying I liked the layout and most of the staff. Most of them..I am not sure what the heck was going on with Tanika the room service gal.. The first night she leaves a note on my door stating it is hotel policy to check a room everyother day.. No big deal. I am a pretty organised traveler and don't make much of a mess. I also tip at the end of my stay.. The first time she checked my room she took the remote control that was next to the tv and placed it on her tip envelope... ok I get the hint... The next night She did the same thing.. only this as far as I can tell is the only thing she did in the room.. The towels were still on the floor.. The bed was not remade.. The glassware still sitting where I left it... from the horrible food I had from the restaraunt.. (note: do not eat breakfast here. The bacon broke when I picked it up it was so overcooked the eggs on the other hand were not cooked at all and the toast was something out of a horror movie) Happy Hour is the one saving grace as the food and drink specials are great in the lounge.
I complianed to the front desk and was told it's not her department. I asked for a manager and was told there was no manager on duty.. I asked when they were on duty and she did not know. I asked for the manager of the restaraunt and was told they were off that day. I asked for any one in charge and ...... you guessed it... no luck. Seriously this place with a little effort could be alright.. But it was just a creepy place to stay and I feel lucky I wasn't robbed of the personal items in my room

Room Tip: If you have to stay here ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
#3 of 7 in Lake Oswego
4.0 of 5 stars 200 reviews
Courtyard Portland Southeast/Clackamas
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rivershore Hotel? Share your experiences!