“Special if traveling with your dog!”

Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oregon City
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Check-in was efficient and easy. The Front Desk staff even said she didn't like the room we were originally assigned because it was next to a 'breezeway' entrance and might be noisy. I thought that was very thoughtful, as well as putting us away from the restrauant. The room was perfect with microwave and frig, as well as a lovely view of the river. The location is the BEST one if you want to walk yourself or your dog, as a long trail is just across the street.It is also perfect for those late night potty calls. Even though there are no outside doors to the rooms, do not be discouraged. The elevators are handy with a luggage trolley; we made the unload and load all in one trip. There is a computer with printer in the lobby that can be used, as well as 24 hour coffee. The exercise room was perfect: I used the bike; my husband used the glider; our Boxer used the treadmill. There was also a Universal Weight Machine... water, towels and TV.
The only drawback was there was no breakfast included. You do get a $4.00 voucher each day to use in the main restrauant for any meal.
Also important to verify your checkout date, as our door card (used for the elevator, stairs, spa and room was deactivated the date before we checked out. I had to go to the office to have them (we had 2) reactivated. I'm just glad it wasn't 10pm in the rain when that happened.
All in all this is lodging that we will stay in again when in Portland visiting. It was a great location allowing us to walk the dog and get some exercise ourselves. I highly recommend it to the traveler in and around Portland, Milwaukie, Oregon City, West Linn, etc.
We have stayed at the very nice Ecno Lodge on McLaughlin, but this time decided to try a new location. We liked the new adventure and will return.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the breezeways or elevators/stairs are best. There are joining rooms if you have a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your review and your kind feedback about the hotel's many outlets and amenities. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to let our front desk staff and supervisor know how much you appreciated their suggestions and assistance. And, I am also glad that your pet was able to take advantage of our amenities as well. I also understand the inconvenience of not having a free continental breakfast; and I do apologize. In an attempt to overcome this issue we are currently researching alternative breakfast options. In regard to your key card difficulty, I can only say that I'm sorry. I wish that hadn't been an issue and I intend to schedule a full maintenance inspection into this problem. It is imperative to me that this matter gets resolved quickly and efficiently and I will work diligently to ensure that it does. Again, I am very sorry and I hope that these concerns do not dissuade you from staying with us in the future. On behalf of all the staff here at the Rivershore Hotel, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I love staying here. I've stayed here twice now; most recent visit was for 3 days. They are very dog friendly here and only charge like $5 for a pet. Most, if not all rooms have a river view and balcony. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The bed was quite comfortable and the decor just fine. On the negative side, though, the angled door makes getting into the room with luggage or two people at once a bit of a challenge. And I heard one lady complaining they hadn't cleaned her room yet at 4:00, but I've had no problems with that. They don't offer glass glasses, which I really hate when drinking wine and mixed drinks from paper or plastic. And the internet connection kept coming in and out. I do agree with the previous reviewer...we had problems with our key too. Parking, however, was no problem, but this hotel does fill up and I'm sure the parking can get tight. None of these issues would change my opinion of the hotel...I really like it here. The restaurant is so-so. For breakfast the veggie scramble for $3.50 (using the $4 off per person hotel voucher) was a great buy. Room service was fast, but our friends went to the restaurant at the same time and their service was lousy they said. Their food was great, they said, but ours (crab cakes and skewered shrimp) were average at best.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara R
Cody H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Hello and thank you for staying with us and for your review. It is very important to us to receive feedback from all of our guests as we are continually looking for ways to improve. On that note, I would like to apologize for the disappointing meal that you had in our restaurant and for your friends' as well. Also, I'm sorry that you and some of the other guests experienced trouble with your key cards. I do understand how frustrating that can be. It is my goal to not just look into these issues, but to correct them. I would also like to thank you for your friendly comments toward the staff and our pet policy. It was an absolute pleasure having you as our guest and I genuinely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The room was what you would expect from a Best Western. No complaints on bed comfort or layout. There are nice views from the room.

Parking can be tough (busy parking lot) if you don't arrive early enough.

We had a problem with the rooms keys. We had to get them reprogrammed about 8 times. Some days they would open the room but not the elevator, but not the room. Some days they would work on the stairwell, but not the elevator or room. Some days they wouldn't open anything. Very frustrating. The olnly advice the staff could offer was that the cards were tempermantal.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank langrj

Thank you so much for your review. I'm incredibly sorry that you had such a difficult time with your key cards. I absolutely want to make sure that this sort of inconvenience does not continue. Let me also apologize for the parking situation as well. Your comfort and satisfaction are very important to all of us here at the Rivershore and it is my goal to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction that we can. I hope that we will give us another opportunity to service your travel needs in the future!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

So.. Let's just start off by saying I liked the layout and most of the staff. Most of them..I am not sure what the heck was going on with Tanika the room service gal.. The first night she leaves a note on my door stating it is hotel policy to check a room everyother day.. No big deal. I am a pretty organised traveler and don't make much of a mess. I also tip at the end of my stay.. The first time she checked my room she took the remote control that was next to the tv and placed it on her tip envelope... ok I get the hint... The next night She did the same thing.. only this as far as I can tell is the only thing she did in the room.. The towels were still on the floor.. The bed was not remade.. The glassware still sitting where I left it... from the horrible food I had from the restaraunt.. (note: do not eat breakfast here. The bacon broke when I picked it up it was so overcooked the eggs on the other hand were not cooked at all and the toast was something out of a horror movie) Happy Hour is the one saving grace as the food and drink specials are great in the lounge.
I complianed to the front desk and was told it's not her department. I asked for a manager and was told there was no manager on duty.. I asked when they were on duty and she did not know. I asked for the manager of the restaraunt and was told they were off that day. I asked for any one in charge and ...... you guessed it... no luck. Seriously this place with a little effort could be alright.. But it was just a creepy place to stay and I feel lucky I wasn't robbed of the personal items in my room

Room Tip: If you have to stay here ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Zael Z
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed here three nights and it is a very nice place to stay. We enjoyed our fourth floor room, complete with a balcony overlooking the Willamette River and its Falls. The rooms are clean and quiet - comfortable beds. Security is very good - need to use your room key to acess the elevator.

Breakfast is not provided in the motel - but they do provide a voucher to the adjecent restuarant.

Access to the motel is easy and it has a convenient location.

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: be sure to ask for riverside room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tomc317
Reviewed July 11, 2012

restful, pleasant as usual! I would highly recommend this motel for any stay in the Oregon City/Portland area. Nice, clean and comfy beds with high quality linens!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bonniebo40
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two days. Amazing view from the balcony of the river. Fast and friendly service and very nice room with snuggly beds. I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Lakeshore Inn
Lakeshore Inn
#2 of 7 in Lake Oswego
Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus Rivershore Hotel? Share your experiences!