“The food is always good.”

Mitzil Mexican Bakery & Deli
Ranked #30 of 114 Restaurants in Oregon City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been here 3 or 4 times. The food is always a good quality. The food is different from most Mexican places. I count that as a plus! It is more homemade tasting. It's a nice place for lunch and has slow but friendly service.

1  Thank livedalot
There are newer reviews for Mitzil Mexican Bakery & Deli

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a quaint little place located in Oregon City. The food is really good but service is a little slow - but worth the wait. Don't expect a lot of food because you'll be disappointed. I ordered the Torta (which was amazing!) but that's all there was on the plate. No rice, no beans, nothing. We definitely recommend that everyone try the guacamole...its delicious!

2  Thank Kimmielovestraveling
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Charming little spot, nothing fancy, but all homemade food, like eating at a Mexican grandma's house. Fantastic guacamole! Top Notch Carne Asada, steak done medium. Not a fan of the salsa, served warm. And the sauce for the Chilie Relleno was different but very good. Going back soon!

1  Thank Heather H
Reviewed November 27, 2013

and a pretty good chili relleno. Actually, the best chili relleno I've had in the Portland area. A place to go for good food. This is not a place with ambiance.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you are looking for austentacious, Mitzil's isn't for you. If you are looking for REAL Mexican food like you won't find in other Americanized Mexican restaurants, try Mitzil's!!! My family has been spoiled by Abuela's (Grandma's) cooking and we are always on the lookout for authentic when we try new Mexican restaurants. We were very happy with our experience here!

It is a small, obviously family-owned, and quaint bistro - very reminiscient of places we found and loved off the beaten path in Mexico. Everyone was satisfied - my husband (Mr. Picky) thoroughly enjoyed the Carne Asada and the plentiful tortillas (just like his Mom makes!), my youngest son loved the Torta Mitzil, my oldest's favorite was the made-from-scratch bean dip, and the Chile Relleno that I ordered wasn't like others that I've had, but was still outstanding.

My kids commented that what they really liked was how the proprietress cheerfully yelled out questions to the kitchen in the back - they felt that the atmosphere was more fun and less stuffy than other restaurants.

I know other diners haven't been satisfied, and to each his own, but if you love authentic Mexican and prefer to support small, local businesses then give Mitzil's a try!

1  Thank Shawna K