“Great Happy Hour for Food”
Review of The Highcliffe Pub & Eatery - CLOSED

The Highcliffe Pub & Eatery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We go here about twice a month for the happy hour food (-- we get root beer and lemonade, but our friends order a variety of beers and drinks.) The food is YUMMY and good prices. We especially like the Nachos ($5) which contains whole black beans, multi-colored chips with melted cheese, sour cream, etc. It really makes a meal. Also try the wonderful mac and cheese made with smoked gouda and sprinkled with real bacon pieces for just $3. Our friends always get the mussels ($5) and think they're better than other places around. The wait staff have always been friendly and helpful. We'll keep going!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This place had great atomsphere, but, could do better on their food. The service was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have eaten here many times before for dinner and liked it. Brunch was terrible. Ordered hashbrowns with eggs and toast. Had an option to add bacon or fruit and I added fruit. It came with limp, undercooked bacon even though I didn't order it. When I mentioned I didn't order bacon, she said it came with it. They only had 4 or 5 breakfast options in addition to the regular lunch menu. Never going back for brunch.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Came in here with family for a special birthday celebration. We reserved the special room in the back so that we could have a quiet breakfast. All of our water glasses had lipstick markings or stuff on them. When I asked the waitress if she could get me a new one her comment jokingly was "oh you don't want to use this one." I wouldn't think that was funny if I was running a restaurant. Dirty glasses were just the beginning. I ordered the traditional breakfast with two eggs done medium. The hashbrowns were barely cooked, the egg was raw when I cut into it, pretty sure medium is suppose to be almost all the way cooked through not running and clear all over the plate. The toast was cold and not toasted at all, more like bread. Don't think they should specialize in breakfast.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

After reading the reviews was not too anxious, but thought we would give it a try. Wow I don't know where some of these reviews came from. I am thinking they must have lived in Oregon City all their life and don't know about good food.
This place is great the food is the kind of food we are use to having at the better restaurants in Portland. They were so busy the place was full and we still had a marvelous meal, great bottle of wine, and for sure the best smoked salmon appetizer we have ever had anywhere. The chef smoked a salmon and created an amazing dish. We just wanted a burger, and that is what we got a real burger not a frozen patty, you could tell it was hand made it was great. Tater Tots haven't had them in years, but they are not the ones your mother use to make, they were great. If you wrote one of the bad reviews I think you should give it another chance. Can't wait to go back and see what special the chef has cooked up. Only complaint, they should have new menus they were a little worn.