“Pleasantly Surprised”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This location has been several restaurants (Black Pointe, Weatherfords, et. al.). It reopened several months ago, but my husband and I were hesitant to try it. I am sorry we waited so long! The new owners kept some of the Weatherfords staff (among them our favorite waiter, Chris), and we were greeted with a smile and seated immediately. The menu consists of a wide variety of upscale American fare at great prices. We started with the hummus plate (best hummus ever), I had the Spinach salad with steak, and my husband had Mussels. Everything was superb. We paid half of what we'd usually spend at Weatherford's! We eat out every Friday night, and plan to include Highcliffe into our monthly rotation.

1  Thank libralisa

Reviewed December 24, 2011

We just got back from highcliffe I have to say I love what they have done with the place. We got the burger and fries have to say that is the best burger we have ever had. LOVE the ranch dip we had to diped the fries in. The staff was out of this world we will be back.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

We visited for the second time tonight. I had the fish and chips and it was wonderful. The fish was very moist and tender and the coating perfectly crispy. The Mac'n cheese is phenomenal. The service was very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. We will definitely return.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We ordered the broccoli cheese soup, the Chicken & Waffles with Berry Jam, and the Orecchiette pasta with chicken. All very delicious and you could tell it was all cooked fresh there, not pre-processed. We asked to order our meal as take-out and the wait staff was very accomodating. I have heard from friends that the Blue Cheese burger is not to be missed so that's what we'll order next time. This will be our place to come when we want to treat ourselves to a nice meal at a good price.

1  Thank Jamie W
Reviewed November 13, 2011

First time I visited this place, was with a group of Prius car owners. The lunch prices were great. Everything we ordered was under $10. I had their fish and chips. Great quantity and quality. The others in our group liked what they ordered too. Second time I went I had the soup of the day and half a sandwich. Excellent again. The soup of the day was beet carrot. Fantastic. I highly recommend you try this place. Haven't tried dinner yet.

1  Thank Gordon H