“one night only”
Review of Ontario Inn

Ontario Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The price was right. The location was right. However, I was not very pleased with the room. It was not as clean as I thought it should be. I want to believe that the sheets were clean, but there obviously was no bleach involved. I discovered a hair hanging on the mirror that was not mine. The toilet was loose, so each time I sat down it banged against the wall. There was no electrical outlet in the bathroom, so I had to plug my hair dryer into the power strip on the floor in the sleeping area. I couldn't figure out the air conditioner. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CJ1959
OntarioInn, Owner at Ontario Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. Every room on our property has an outlet in the bathroom, but a couple of the rooms have a towel rack very close to it, which may be the reason you did not see it? We did a complete property inspection and did find a toilet with a broken bolt which we have now replaced. in the future, please let us know if you have any issues at the time of your stay, so that we can keep all of our rooms in top repair, and make accomodations or explain the use of equipment if necessary.

There are newer reviews for Ontario Inn

Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is an older motel with small rooms, but they did have a fridge and microwave and offered a small breakfast in the morning at the office area (no formal dining room). We had 3 adults in our party and wanted a room with 2 queen beds, but they could only offer us 2 double beds. So we opted for a room with a queen bed and asked for a rollaway. We also had 2 dogs with us and that is why we stayed here. They had a large fenced-in grassy backyard for pets. I don't recall paying anything extra for the dogs. The room was very small with the addition of the rollaway. A plus was it was very quiet at night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Barb65OK
Reviewed March 18, 2012

One night stay at Ontario Inn. Older but clean room and comfortable bed. Usual amenities, microwave, fridge, and TV. Small but very high quality continental breakfast with real orange juice,muffins, toast, coffee, cereal, fruit and more. Very nice staff. They offer discounts but you need to make your reservation directly with them to get it. Parking is at your front door. Albertsons supermarket is 2 short blocks away. Bottom line,,, would I stay there again? Absolutely!

Room Tip: They offer discounts but you need to make your reservation directly with them to get it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tom S
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I came across the Ontario Inn while looking for pet friendly hotels/motels driving back to Colorado from the Oregon Coast. This place is a bit off the interstate but I enjoy actually seeing the little towns that I drive through. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about staying here after reading a couple recent reviews on google (recent reviewers had stated the rooms smelled of smoke even though they were non-smoking). It is true that the office/lobby does smell of smoke because the owner smokes there but my room was smoke-free.
This place is really a good value for the money. All rooms have complimentary wifi and microfridges, and you get a continental breakfast in the morning! Plus, it's pet friendly, just a $5 pet fee, they have a nice sized fenced area behind the building so your dogs can be off leash. And don't worry the room didn't smell like pets either. The rooms are small-- but traveling solo it's just perfect and the room was nice and warm when I entered it which is a bonus.
Overall I'm very glad I chose to stay here and support a family business rather than a large chain hotel/motel. It definitely does have old world charm, but remember don't expect too much considering the price you pay. The shower is ancient looking, so I've decided I can wait to shower until tomorrow. Lol.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank miriel41
OntarioInn, Owner at Ontario Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I really appreciated the management being patient with me as I arrived later than I had expected and did not realize there was a time change involved. Management waited until I checked in and made sure everything was okay befire retireing for the evening.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank JoAnn W
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The room was cozy and clean with very comfortable beds. We stayed longer than expected because it was a nice place and we slept well. Good breakfast and staff were very friendly. A good value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sandi S
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I love motels with parking at the door when unloading pets, but the room was too small for 2 people and 2 dogs. The dogs aren't even that big. The shower stall was one of the old little ones and I haven't seen a TV that small in years. It was reasonably priced but I'd pay more for better next time.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family