“Just what I needed”
Review of Ontario Inn

Ontario Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I came across the Ontario Inn while looking for pet friendly hotels/motels driving back to Colorado from the Oregon Coast. This place is a bit off the interstate but I enjoy actually seeing the little towns that I drive through. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about staying here after reading a couple recent reviews on google (recent reviewers had stated the rooms smelled of smoke even though they were non-smoking). It is true that the office/lobby does smell of smoke because the owner smokes there but my room was smoke-free.
This place is really a good value for the money. All rooms have complimentary wifi and microfridges, and you get a continental breakfast in the morning! Plus, it's pet friendly, just a $5 pet fee, they have a nice sized fenced area behind the building so your dogs can be off leash. And don't worry the room didn't smell like pets either. The rooms are small-- but traveling solo it's just perfect and the room was nice and warm when I entered it which is a bonus.
Overall I'm very glad I chose to stay here and support a family business rather than a large chain hotel/motel. It definitely does have old world charm, but remember don't expect too much considering the price you pay. The shower is ancient looking, so I've decided I can wait to shower until tomorrow. Lol.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank miriel41
OntarioInn, Owner at Ontario Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I really appreciated the management being patient with me as I arrived later than I had expected and did not realize there was a time change involved. Management waited until I checked in and made sure everything was okay befire retireing for the evening.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank JoAnn W
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The room was cozy and clean with very comfortable beds. We stayed longer than expected because it was a nice place and we slept well. Good breakfast and staff were very friendly. A good value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sandi S
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I love motels with parking at the door when unloading pets, but the room was too small for 2 people and 2 dogs. The dogs aren't even that big. The shower stall was one of the old little ones and I haven't seen a TV that small in years. It was reasonably priced but I'd pay more for better next time.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank 26forever
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This was our second stay at the Ontario Inn. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff is friendly and efficient. We had meetings in a few miles away in Nyssa. Getting to and from them was easy.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank herkchief0220
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Clean and quiet. Slept very well and liked the friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank birdseye2834
Reviewed September 29, 2009

I traveled with my sister and small dog. This was an OK motel.

The bathroom needed to be remodeled. There was mold on the walls in the shower,

• Stayed: September 2009