Super 8 Ontario
$95
SleepInn
Payette Motel(Payette)
$59
All reviewstruck stop next doorplace to sleepcomfortable roomnice staffgreat place to stayfolkcablepetinterstatemicrowave
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This was a clean and comfortable room on my overnight stay while in Ontario. It was comfortably furnished and the bed was not too spongy or too firm, but just right. I was able to sleep well. A coupon was given for a free breakfast next door at D.J.'s Restaurant that was tasty. The breakfast isn't large, but included some choices of three items; such as a pancake, fruit and unlimited cofee.
I lucked out and got a coupon from one of the books for the discount that they honored.
The young lady working at night knew I was coming for an afternoon appointment nearby and extended my stay so I could prepare for the appointment. She was courteous and friendly. The other female morning staff was helpful in giving directions and providing me with a city map that was useful.

The only negative thing I would say is that the heater / AC unit was set up high above the basin counter that required a step stool to reach to make adjustments. The stool was next to the sink counter.

There was a truck stop next door, but the noise never was an issue while there. Other restaurants and fast food approximately 1/2 mile ahead over the ramp. you don't see this from the motel.

Room Tip: Look for one of the hotle and motel coupon guide books at one of the local restaurants or fast food places. I know Denny's, Carls Jr. and McDonalds have them, as do other places. This may save you some serious money. My room was $ 49 before tax and regularly a lot more !!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Bozevisitor
hiexpress212, Manager at Super 8 Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are grateful for those who give us feedback so we can continue to improve our hotel and the service our valued guests receive. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we sincerely apologize about our crazy heating/AC units. We look forward to your next stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2011

This was the second night on our family trip to Alaska. I don't usually stay in 5 star hotels, nor do I expect 5 star at budget prices. But this place was not somewhere i would stay again.

The pool was small and croweded by kids who had riden their bikes to the hotel to catch a swim.

The furniture was older, the heat/ AC was horrible. But the matress was comfortable.
But i didn't spend a lot of time in it. I got a wicked case of food poisioning from the restaurant on the property. The place that thye give you coupons for free breakfast.

I save my comment for that location, however I want to warn anyone staying here...consider buying breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our property. And we sincerely apologize that you had a bad experience in the family restaurant. We have made some management changes and updated our property. We are confident that our changes will make the difference for our guests to have a positive experience. If you are every in Ontario again, we hope you will consider giving us another chance to prove our service is now where it needs to be. Please feel free to contact the hotel and restaurant manager with any questions.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

It was awful! there was mold in the corners and grout of the shower. the a/c didn't work very well either. when we went to check out the next morning they over charged us for what i was qouted for when i booked the room. i mentioned it to the girl at the desk all she had to say was she had alrady ran the card and i was out of luck. we will not be staying there agian.

1  Thank grlnxtdor
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We found this hotel in a travel discount hotel magazine and gave it a try. We're a family of 9, needing two rooms. The office staff were very friendly. The rooms were adequate; clean, comfortable, nothing fancy. There was no wireless internet in the rooms, but the staff supplied us with ethernet cords for each room, which resulted in one of the fastest internet speeds we had anywhere. The most important extras for our large family are a clean, pleasant swimming pool and nice free breakfast. We were pleased on both counts. The pool was outside, across the parking lot. However, it was very clean, and a perfect temperature. It made my 5 year old very happy. We ate supper at the restaurant (DJ's) which is on the property, and seems to be owned and run by the same folks. The food was great, priced reasonably, and once again, the service was super friendly. The people running the hotel and restaurant seemed to be enjoying themselves, and they didn't flinch at all to see a family of nine, including babies and toddlers. The free breakfast was supplied at the same restaurant, but included a limited number of items--fruit, coffee, bread, or some variation on that. We were easily able to add extra items we wanted at a small additional charge. The food was delicious. The staff was flexible and generous. I was really pleased. We had a very positive experience at the Rodeway, and I hope to return next year.

2  Thank kwobo
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This was a nice, low-priced room, well furnished and fairly clean. Breakfast is now arranged with the restaurant next door. Wi-fi worked fine. Parking at the door.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple