“Love the new changes!”

Killion's Beef, Reef, and Buffet
Payette, Idaho, United States
“Love the new changes!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We are frequent customers here, but hadn't been in several months so we were pleased to find some new things on the menu. I was thrilled with the new Chicken Stack which could be ordered with breaded chicken or with simply grilled chicken. Since I've had to switch to gluten-free eating I haven't been able to enjoy chicken with ham and swiss cheese, but the new grilled Chicken Stack was a delightful change and very yummy. We also enjoyed the wider side dish choices. I was able to get a large serving of steamed broccoli without giving up my baked potato. We usually enjoy the salad bar at Killion's but this visit, with veggies with our meal, we were able to skip that option.

Our server was Crystal - we'd never had her serve us before - but she was as extremely well-trained as we have come to expect from the Killion's staff. We are always pleased with the food at Killion's, and this visit was no exception. We had a great visit, great food, great service, and we timed it well so we even had a great parking spot!

• Visited August 2013

Caldwell, Idaho
“SUCH a letdown”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This used to be "Sizzler" until the owner opted out of the franchise. I thought that they were going to be doing their own thing when my husband and I had dinner there back in Dec '12. Boy, was I wrong. The menu is misleading. We ordered the buffet thinking it was going to be something w/ a lot selections. WRONG! It was just a salad/dessert bar, and not even a very good one. All this is is "Sizzler" with a different name. Food tasted like it came out of a can. Nothing fresh at all. Won't be going back. Save your money.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank shannon t
Vale, Oregon
“Buffet”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is a make-over of a Sizzler Restaurant. I've been avoiding going here for about a year. I used to love Sizzler, back in the day, but my tastes have changed.
Typical for a buffet, lots of salad fixings, puddings, fruit, desserts and a hot counter. If you want something really fresh order off the menu, which I didn't do. $10 dinner buffet. Seniors $9 including a drink. The hot buffet was very limited with some pretty rough looking mexican taco flair, spaghetti, lasagna, pizza pieces, crispy hot wings and something else i couldn't recognize. Stick with the wings they were actually very good.
On the good side, the staff, at least the gals, were super friendly, courteous and regularly stopped by to check on things. They were the reason I rate the place above average. Good job.
Overall the buffet food is good, not great but typical of what to expect.
The large room is noisy with customers, a senior clientele and young families seem to make up the bulk of the guests.
If you liked this review, check the "helpful" box on this review page. Thanks!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank made_of_food
West Richland, Washington
“Decent meals for reasonable prices”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

First time here. There is a decent meal selection on top of the salad bar option. The hot bar looked ok, but some items looked like they were out too long.. I had the new york steak, which for the price was pretty good. Better than what I've gotten from Applebees. My wife had the Alfredo which she started was very good. Overall a good meal for a reasonable price. Would eat here again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jim D
Spokane, Washington
“Nice choice for a great meal decent priced , efficient service”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Love the redo since it is Kiilion's ! The Killions have done a good job with this restaurant evr since they have owned it when it was a Sizzler. you know a place is doing something right when most of the staff has worked there for years!
Good food clean place, efficient, knowledgable waiters.
Every time I go, I notice how attentive they are to the cleanliness and attractiveness of the salad and buffet bar. They carefully check food temps and keep it the areas around dishes clean and the dishes full right up to closing time.

• Visited April 2013