“Good Food, Good Service”

Plaza Inn Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 62 Restaurants in Ontario
Reviewed March 10, 2015

This is a good diner. The food is wholesome and plentiful. They stock Coke products rather than Pepsi, which is the only real fault I find with the restaurant. The servers know the menu and what can be substituted. If you visit during "mealtimes" you might have to wait for a table because it is popular with the locals and has been in business for a long time.

I tend to order breakfast food here because it is easier to avoid gluten if I get a ham steak with hashbrowns and eggs than if I try to make a lot of substitutions with a sandwich or salad. The food is always good and I always get what I ordered. We especially enjoy the humorous books available at each table and we read snippets to each other while we await our food.

The place is clean and nicely decorated. The restrooms are easy to access and very clean and pretty. There is a small meeting room available for parties or smaller groups (looks to seat 20-30 people) that is very well kept and easy to find without having to walk through the middle of the restaurant. This restaurant is very handicapped accessible.

Reviewed March 3, 2015

We had breakfast there in January 2015 and I wanted a slice of French toast instead of 2 slices of sour dough bread that comes with the meal. They charged us the full price of the meal plus $5.25 extra for one slice of French toast. We spoke to the owner and his response was, "My rent went up." What a Shmuck!!! He should have shut his mouth and took care of the customer. Now he has lost a customer plus people I know.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stopped in Ontario, OR, for lunch on our way to Boise, ID. We found this little place and from the street it doesn't look like much. We were there for lunch on Friday and found it crowded with many locals including many older people eating there. I asked for a chicken sandwich and the waitress had to explain that they serve 6 different kinds of chicken sandwiches. I ended up with a pretty good chicken burger. It was tasty and well prepared. They tried to tempt us with home made pie but we tend to over eat on travel so we declined. Its a nice local place if you are in the area.

1  Thank The_Old_Philosopher
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Doesn't matter what time of the day we eat here, the food is always good. Excellent servers! The owner is always so pleasant greeting you. The prices are very reasonable. Easy to find in Ontario.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The decor is good, the food, especially the pies, is excellent. However the water is not so great. It tasted heavily of chlorine. This restaurant needs to invest in a good filtration system.

1  Thank Galane