“Mixed Feelings”

Cuisines: Mexican
Arlington, Washington
“Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I tried Fiesta Guadalajara on the recommendation of a local. I would give the restaurant 5 stars for service, attention to detail, and overall friendly-ness but the food was just OK and would get 3 stars. So, over all 4 stars.

• Visited August 2013

Caldwell, Idaho
“Very friendly ppl”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I don't get over to downtown Ontario very often but when I do, I like to stop in at Fiesta for a bite to eat. Large portions, flavorful and very friendly waitstaff. I like to get their when they first open and avoid the 12 noon lunch crowed. This is also a really good place for large parties. A friend of mine had her going away party here a few years ago in the upstairs an there was room for all. Despite the large crowd, the kitchen was able to get all the food out very quickly.

• Visited November 2012
College Place, Washington
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The food was delicious and I also enjoyed the chef singing along to the background music on occasion.

Visited July 2013
Nampa, Idaho
“Best Mexican we've had in a long time!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Not sure what people mean by "choose another 'Mom & Pop place', because it seems as if everyone working there is Mexican and speaks Spanish? We are NOT from the area (so we don't know the owners and are not biased to another restaurant in the area), but pass through regularly. I would say we have eaten at this particular restaurant at least 15 times total. It is 'hands down' our favorite (and have had MANY to compare it to)! We have started to compare all Mexican restaurants to this one. We travel about two-thirds of the year (and almost always eat at restaurants while traveling), but I seldom write reviews unless I run into something I really like a LOT. None of the Mexican restaurants I have visited (in several states) compared at all to this one.... so I thought I would finally write a review for this particular one.

The atmosphere here is very tastefully decorated Mexican (I can't stand a 'Mexican' restaurant that isn't). They keep the place VERY clean as I am the type of person (germ-a-phobic) who pays attention to detail. This is one of the few places I have noticed that actually dusts their ample decor. Tables and booths match (are 'heavy', and NOT the cheap, cafe type) and I wouldn't hesitate to bring guests/friends/business partners here.

I always order something different as I like to try new things and have always been pleased. Everything here seems to be prepared fresh, prepared 'in house', and served with flair. Platters are HUGE and we usually have leftovers. The chips (served immediately) are warm and crisp and the salsa has just the right amount of 'heat'. This is one of the few Mexican places that serves us re-fried beans with the chips in case you don't like salsa.

If the place is not too busy, I have heard someone in the back singing along to the music (Spanish). He has a very nice voice and sounds like he should be on the radio himself! During busy times, I have witnessed the staff sing to 'birthday patrons'. It's not too overwhelming for the rest of us enjoying our dinner and is usually over with rather quickly.

In all, I'm not sure why this place would ever receive a poor review. I can't wait to get back there real soon!!!

R.S. Hides
R.S. Percherons

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank PercheronDrafts
Marsing, Idaho
“There are many authentic mom & pop places to choose from.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is someone's idea of Mexican Food but not mine. There are many authentic mom & pop places to choose from.

3 Thank Roundupready