“No frills-quiet-comfy bed”

Motel 6 Ontario OR
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Ontario
“No frills-quiet-comfy bed”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Just off hiway, welcoming mgmnt, no coffeemaker/frig/micro. Food is footsteps away. CDL discounts. Very good value for a nights' rest. (Coffee in lobby)

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I was working as a contractor earlier this month and decided to stay here with my team because we were looking for something affordable yet clean, comfortable, and well maintained since our job was going to take two weeks - that's exactly what we found at this Motel 6 location. Working as a contractor and being forced to travel from place to place, I've been through it all from bad rooms to bad service. However, the two weeks my team and I stayed at this Motel 6 location was nothing less than exceptional. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating - we experienced what should define customer service right when we stepped into their office. The rooms were very clean and well-maintained, and the beds were comfortable - something I definitely cannot say about our past stays at motels in the area. The location is extremely convenient as it's right off the interstate and for our purpose of stay (working in the area) it gave us easy access to the highway to get to our work site. Needless to say, I would recommend definitely recommend this motel to any contracting teams looking for a place in the area, but I would say it's a family friendly place as well. If you're on a budget but still want quality in your stay, this is the place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Joseph D
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I wouldnt stayhere again this is the worst motel 6 ever, they lied to me and wouldnt refund me either, the management doesnt know anything about what they are doing here, Would not recomend this place to anyone. and they have people living here like a ghetto.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Rad R

Travelers are raving about these Ontario hotels

Eugene
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed overnight here on a road trip with my dog to Wyoming. It's pretty basic but perfectly fine for the price. It allows pets, the room was clean and comfortable, the management was friendly and helpful. There is a shopping center in easy walking distance with eateries.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Victr0la
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I haven't stayed in a 1 star hotel for over 10 years. I chose Motel 6 because it was the only place I could find that would allow me to bring my cat., and at no cost. The single queen room seemed a bit small in the main area, but the back of the room had plenty of space to throw the suitcases. The bathroom only had a stall shower and they only provide soap, so remember your shampoo.
Even though the website provides directions to the hotel, the street signs are not in the normal area for a street sign and I had a hard time seeing them. Needless to say I got turned around.
When I pulled up, I thought "oh great, what have I gotten myself into?" I was kind of worried about the "weekly rates" sign and the fact that it is the cheapest hotel around, but I soon realized the customers were people with pets who were passing through Ontario. The room was clean. I even wiped down the phone, remote, faucets & doorknobs etc with handiwipes and it came away clean, no dirt or residue. I was pleasantly surprised. The cleaning staff obviously takes pride in their job. My room didn't smell but the carpet had a few stains, everything in the room worked properly.
The staff was friendly and the check in/out process was quick.
The motel is located within walking distance (<0.5 miles) of many restaurants and large box stores, in case you need to stock your cooler before you leave.
If you need a microwave they have one next to the ice machine.
I had a great experience here, I would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank tdt44
South Jordan
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I should have chosen the Heritage Inn for my 'overnighter'...

Motel 6 SHOULD be a lot cheaper ( $ 50.00 ) for what you ( don't ) get...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed at the Motel 6 in Ontario for one night on our way from Idaho to Oregon. This is a very basic hotel but was exactly what we needed - a great deal for a super short stay.

Our room had a small bed, perhaps not quite the king-size we thought we'd reserved, but it was clean, the a/c worked perfectly and the refrigerator was huge (for those with very full coolers!). Bring your own toiletries if you need anything more than soap. :) The only drawback was that it was difficult to figure out how to get to the hotel from the freeway off-ramp, especially at 2:30 am. We could see the hotel sign but had difficulty navigating there.

I called the hotel to ask about the cancellation policy before booking and again before we left to ask a few other questions and the woman who answered the phone (thick accent, possibly the owner or manager) was incredibly helpful. She really put me at ease and took away any apprehension I had about booking a Motel 6 instead of one of the larger chain hotels in the area.

There is a great coffee shop in the close-by strip mall but they don't serve breakfast. In general, this hotel was exactly what we needed for a quick stay - late arrival, inexpensive but safe and clean room, easy check out. The pool appeared to be well-kept, if small, and there was assorted vending in the lobby but we didn't use either.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple