“Outdated & Run Down”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Ontario
South Jordan
“Outdated & Run Down”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I should have chosen the Heritage Inn for my 'overnighter'...

Motel 6 SHOULD be a lot cheaper ( $ 50.00 ) for what you ( don't ) get...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed at the Motel 6 in Ontario for one night on our way from Idaho to Oregon. This is a very basic hotel but was exactly what we needed - a great deal for a super short stay.

Our room had a small bed, perhaps not quite the king-size we thought we'd reserved, but it was clean, the a/c worked perfectly and the refrigerator was huge (for those with very full coolers!). Bring your own toiletries if you need anything more than soap. :) The only drawback was that it was difficult to figure out how to get to the hotel from the freeway off-ramp, especially at 2:30 am. We could see the hotel sign but had difficulty navigating there.

I called the hotel to ask about the cancellation policy before booking and again before we left to ask a few other questions and the woman who answered the phone (thick accent, possibly the owner or manager) was incredibly helpful. She really put me at ease and took away any apprehension I had about booking a Motel 6 instead of one of the larger chain hotels in the area.

There is a great coffee shop in the close-by strip mall but they don't serve breakfast. In general, this hotel was exactly what we needed for a quick stay - late arrival, inexpensive but safe and clean room, easy check out. The pool appeared to be well-kept, if small, and there was assorted vending in the lobby but we didn't use either.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sssv83353
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Very clean rooms, but a bit small. Beds were so-so. Stayed there because it was cheap, pet friendly and right off the freeway. I wouldn't stay there for more than a night.

• Stayed June 2011
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I stayed here based on the reviews from Trip Advisor and am happy with the selection. I stayed here on my cross country journey from the Southern Oregon Coast to South Carolina and for less than $40 you can't beat the quality of the room. For one person the was big enough. It was clean, had every thing that I needed and served the purpose The desk clerk was nice and friendly. I had one Queen bed that was comfortable enough (I don't mind firm beds). The pillows are the only reason I gave this a four star rating. They were flat and I had to double them over. I've stayed at other Motel 6's that had far superior pillows. I did enjoy the telephone wake up. The phone was an older model that had the actual metal ringer with a metal clacker. Trust me: it woke you up!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We needed three rooms for 3 nights. Owner put us all 3 together - downstairs! which was great since we had small grandkids with us! Older, well kept place. Our rooms were all very clean, had small frig and microwave but no hair dryer or coffee pot in the rooms :(...still for the value it was perfect. Besides we only slept there since we were out and about during the day. Right off the freeway and close to several eateries, shops and a coffee house :) Was pleasantly surprised and the owners were so very friendly and accommodating. Actually will probably stay again in the future.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Stayed on the way from Oregon to Idaho, so I had little criteria. Worth the price of a mid-point hotel. No microwave or refridgerator, and the heater was LOUD, but they had wifi (unlike the Holiday Inn next door). Staff was friendly, and other than the heater the property was very quiet.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Parma, Idaho
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My husband and I rented a room to leisurely watch the BSU game on ESPN without going to a smoke-filled bar. My husband was told by the clerk that the motel got ESPN. We arrived 30 minutes early to set up. When the time came for the game to be shown, there wasn't a channel available to watch the game. The clerk would not give us any type of refund eventhough we had not used any of their facilities, cups, towels, etc. Said we stayed too long. Can't be trusted as far as I'm concerned!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Ontario hotels