“The Place to Stay in Ontario”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel one night while traveling and had a great stay. The room was very clean and spacious, and the bed was comfortable. Everything in the room worked properly, and it had a hair dryer in the bathroom. The decor was very nice, and the room was well-lit. The free wi-fi worked great. But the best part was the included breakfast - they had a great selection of breakfast foods: eggs, sausage, bacon, cereals, oatmeal, breads, fruit, cinnamon rolls, juices, etc. If you are traveling with your family, there is sure to be something everyone will like. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice indoor pool with hot tub. Quick access from the interstate but far enough away there was no road noise. This is the place I recommend you stay in Ontario.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
hiexpress212, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such a positive review of your recent stay at our hotel. We take great pride in serving at the best hotel in Ontario, and your comments regarding our clean, spacious rooms, our friendly & helpful staff, and our breakfast amenities serve as wonderful encouragement to all of us here at Holiday Inn Express and Suites. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with another great stay in the future.
Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario

Reviewed June 18, 2014

our stay was wonderful at check in. We were given a sheet of most popular places near with addresses (very helpful) we arrived to a very clean room ( big plus for me ) I usually cringe at other hotels and the things I find or don't find in regards to cleanliness. We had excellent service when one of our keys did not work and when we realized we forgot toothpaste. ( both issues we taken care of quickly and friendly (with a smile) that matters to me :) check out was also great (Even though I did not want to leave just yet) The manager happened to be at the front desk and was very friendly . Also an employee took our pic before leaving . This was a good memorable trip. Thank you Holiday Inn Express & Suites !

Room Tip: Suite with hot tub on 3rd floor !
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynelle C

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback regarding your recent stay. We're very happy to hear that you had an excellent service experience with our helpful staff, and that you found your room to be spotless. We are glad we could be a part of making your trip a memorable one, and we hope to see you again the next time you stay in Ontario.
Operations Manager

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a nice surprise. I have been to Ontario a couple of times on business and the firm that hired me booked the hotel. I didn't know what I was going into and I was pleasantly surprised! The staff is great, the breakfast is OK. Access is a little quirky. Overall, a 4 out of 5.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
hiexpress212, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are very glad to hear that our great staff and good breakfast were able to exceed your expectations. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great hotel, clean, nice staff, good breakfast. The only bad part is, trying to get to it.. It sits right next to the freeway BUT its misleading and you have to drive a certain way to get there, which isn't a big deal and WAY worth it!

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you very much for your great review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are very glad to hear that you found our clean hotel and great staff to exceed your expectations. It can be a little tricky to get to us the first time, but we're happy that you found your way to the best hotel in Ontario. We hope to see you again the next time you travel through the area.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I realized there are five major things I'm looking for/at in a hotel:

Comfort
Price
Shower
Amenities

Even though this one wasn't perfect in any of these areas, I'd still say it's worthy of a four-star rating. Here's where it faltered some:

Comfort: As is the trend with hotels these days, they must have messed with the thermostat. I turned on the air, but to get it to actually come on I needed to set it to 62 degrees. It was nowhere near 62 in there, more like 72-75 (maybe a little cooler, it was humid). When your thermostat is that far off, you're not doing anyone any good; no one is going to be tricked into thinking it's 68 when it's really 78. This hotel is what should be expected from a Holiday Inn Express, though. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable.

Service: It started out a bit weird and it definitely took too long to check in, but the woman that checked me in more than made up for it. She was very friendly and efficient when I got to the front of the line.

Price: A little high for Ontario, but not high for a Holiday Inn Express.

Shower: Terrible. I don't know why Holiday Inn thinks they have the best shower head in the world, they really don't. There is no just "normal" setting. What made it really bad, though, was the 2-3 second jump in temperature every 15-30 seconds (to the point of being scalding and not being able to be in the water). It was very unpleasant.

Amenities: The wireless internet was mediocre, but it was useable. The breakfast was perfectly fine.

I believe this is my second stay in Ontario. This hotel may not be perfect, but it's the best I've been in here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ralverde

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with such a thorough, comprehensive review of your recent stay with us. While we are aware that our location is not quite perfect, perfection is certainly our goal, and we rely on feedback of all kinds from our guests to inform us of the points that we need to improve on. Please be assured that we will be working with our maintenance staff to address the concerns you mentioned regarding our a/c units and shower heads. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you the next time you're in the area, and that you will find your next experience to exceed your first one.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our family stayed here while traveling to the Oregon Coast. Of all the HIE's we've stayed at, I rank this one the best. Upon arriving,the staff was friendly and helpful. Our rooms were spotlessly clean, which to me is the most important aspect of a hotel. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were well appointed. The complimentary breakfast was very good with a nice variety to choose from. We will stay here again when traveling.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate that you have ranked us as the best Express you've stayed at, and we are glad that you found our our cleanliness, complimentary breakfast, and great staff to meet and exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel through the area.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

During my stay i recieved nothing but excellent service. Throughout my entire trip it was incredibly freezing outside. I felt very warm and comfortable at all times. The hotel was very quite and as I was traveling on business this was very important. The breakfast was pretty basic but I have no complaints. If you are comfortable with your essentials (coffee,juice, bagles, eggs, etc.) then you'll be fine. Great places to eat near by.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
hiexpress212, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your stay with us in December. We're glad to hear that we were able to provide you with excellent service and warm, comfortable accomodations to shelter you from the frigidly cold winter we were experiencing. We are also happy that you were able to conduct your business trip to Ontario in peace and quiet. We hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to the area.

Justin B