“Excellent Stopping Place”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We travel often through Ontario and always stop at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. We have found the location very convenient, with restaurants nearby. The staff here is always very friendly and helpful. We like the rooms because the are roomy, quiet, comfortable and clean. If you are looking for a place to stop in Ontario I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
hiexpress212, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario. We're pleased to hear that you enjoy your stays with us and we look forward to being able to serve you again the next time you're in Ontario.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was our second stay here over a Thanksgiving holiday. The rooms and lobby were very clean. The rooms were large and quiet. We didn't need the complimentary ear plugs that were in the room. The front desk and hotel staff we had contact with were all incredibly friendly and attentive. We again appreciated that the hotel appears to be family friendly toward their employees. On Thanksgiving Day they reduce housekeeping staff to allow them to have time off for the Holiday. And on Friday after Thanksgiving, some of the staff's children were there. I think that is great. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
hiexpress212, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We have always lived on the phrase of "If your employees are happy, your guests are happy" - Management

Reviewed October 29, 2012

From moment one, I knew this was a great place to stay.... Our beautiful desk Lady was ultimate! She is the person to keep forever!!! We also had S.West jewelry in common, and she also advocated a great resturant off the parking lot.... I thought breakfast was good and just spot on, especially when many establishments offer nothing to keep their cost down... Our room was quiet and our room was very accomadating... Loved everything about it! Will stay again when travelling that direction........ Very refreshing stay.....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank derkattzenvomen

Thank you for your great review of our desk staff. We always like to recognize those that serve our guests well. - Management

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel was as advertised. It was clean and everything in my room worked. I am not troubled by air conditioner noise and leave my fan on high, but didn't notice that this one was particularly louder than others. The bed and pillows are great, and I had no plumbing issues. I was disappointed in breakfast, though this is the standard fare for all Holiday inn Expresses. The breakfast was no different than any other HI Express ones. I would have liked more fruits and a wider selection of yoghurt but I would not base a decision to stay or not stay here on that. It met my needs. I did take the earplugs by the bed with me for the airplane. When we have business in Ontario, we always stay here. It is far enough off the highway to be quiet. I appreciated the flat screen digital TVs and the work desk.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side of hotel. It is extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We would not be able to continuously improve without the feedback that our most important guests like your self provide. We will forward your comments on to IHG our parent company- Thanks again, - Management

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Another reviewer was spot on. Finding it is not too hard. Finding out how to get to it is another story even if you are there for a High School reunion and were once familiar with the area. Once you get there you will find very few surprises. This is a nice, newer place to stay overnight in a small Eastern Oregon town.
We were recently there (Sept 2012) for 3 days and found this to be a very clean very well maintained property that probably has to be rated from A to B+ in almost any category and like I said there were few surprises.
But, there was one surprise. Earplugs. Earplugs on the night stand next to the bed. We don’t get out much and I thought maybe this was some new standard amenity in an overnight room so I asked. I was told “nearby street and freeway noise as well as an occasional train whistle.” Like I said we are somewhat familiar with the area and although the street and freeway (I-84) are nearby, neither is within a few blocks of right outside the door and the railroad has to be at least a quarter of a mile away.
Never the less there is probably no doubt that this is the newest and nicest most comfortable place to stay within a many mile radius of Ontario, Oregon and we renewed an old friendship or two that will probably see us back there again.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any temperature control units that are quiter than others?
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are happy that you mentioned a new amenity that we provide our guests in everyroom. We offer the earplugs due to the fact that many people have various sensitivety to noise levels. And in every hotel environment one may experience a different noise level than they are used to at home. As far as rooms with quiter HVAC units we are currently working with our Mainteneance staff to reduce the noice level of those units.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We spent one nite here en route to slc. The worst thing was getting to the hotel. They definitely need a few signs. We finally found the side street one block west of I-84, turn left at the first lite and then another left at the first side street, then drive thru an industrial area to arrive at the hotel. Nice & clean and helpful front desk people. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. As we understand that our hotel can be difficult to access we are always happy to provide directions or assistance to any of our guests that contact us. Since your review we have also placed a sign at the first stop light intersection after you exit and have placed a billboard with directions as well. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention and will continously work to make the hotel easier to access.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've stayed here extensively over the Summer while working nearby. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean. The rooms are what you'd expect.

I have not tried the breakfast so I can't comment on that.

The only complaint I can think of is that I had a couple of rooms where the hot water was inconsistent. Not that it didn't have any but that when you set your shower there would be a wide variance in the temperature as you showered.

Room Tip: Several of my coworkers complained about the noisy air conditioners which didn't bother me. I fo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate the extended stay you had with us and are very happy to hear that your stay was great.

Thanks again,