“No Surprises?”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Another reviewer was spot on. Finding it is not too hard. Finding out how to get to it is another story even if you are there for a High School reunion and were once familiar with the area. Once you get there you will find very few surprises. This is a nice, newer place to stay overnight in a small Eastern Oregon town.
We were recently there (Sept 2012) for 3 days and found this to be a very clean very well maintained property that probably has to be rated from A to B+ in almost any category and like I said there were few surprises.
But, there was one surprise. Earplugs. Earplugs on the night stand next to the bed. We don’t get out much and I thought maybe this was some new standard amenity in an overnight room so I asked. I was told “nearby street and freeway noise as well as an occasional train whistle.” Like I said we are somewhat familiar with the area and although the street and freeway (I-84) are nearby, neither is within a few blocks of right outside the door and the railroad has to be at least a quarter of a mile away.
Never the less there is probably no doubt that this is the newest and nicest most comfortable place to stay within a many mile radius of Ontario, Oregon and we renewed an old friendship or two that will probably see us back there again.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any temperature control units that are quiter than others?
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
hiexpress212, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are happy that you mentioned a new amenity that we provide our guests in everyroom. We offer the earplugs due to the fact that many people have various sensitivety to noise levels. And in every hotel environment one may experience a different noise level than they are used to at home. As far as rooms with quiter HVAC units we are currently working with our Mainteneance staff to reduce the noice level of those units.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We spent one nite here en route to slc. The worst thing was getting to the hotel. They definitely need a few signs. We finally found the side street one block west of I-84, turn left at the first lite and then another left at the first side street, then drive thru an industrial area to arrive at the hotel. Nice & clean and helpful front desk people. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. As we understand that our hotel can be difficult to access we are always happy to provide directions or assistance to any of our guests that contact us. Since your review we have also placed a sign at the first stop light intersection after you exit and have placed a billboard with directions as well. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention and will continously work to make the hotel easier to access.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've stayed here extensively over the Summer while working nearby. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean. The rooms are what you'd expect.

I have not tried the breakfast so I can't comment on that.

The only complaint I can think of is that I had a couple of rooms where the hot water was inconsistent. Not that it didn't have any but that when you set your shower there would be a wide variance in the temperature as you showered.

Room Tip: Several of my coworkers complained about the noisy air conditioners which didn't bother me. I fo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate the extended stay you had with us and are very happy to hear that your stay was great.

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 4, 2012

After a long day of driving what a pleasant suprise to find a gem of a hotel. The room was large, clean, with updated modern decor and amenities. Nice pool and hot tub. Service was friendly and professional. Hot breakfast buffet with ample healthy food choices. Would highly recommend. Highway can be seen from the Interstate, however the route to the hotel was awkward, but that is poor city planning of streets.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nl_travel_11
hiexpress212, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your awesome review of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Mangement

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Quiet, clean rooms w good beds. Limy shower head in a very slow draining bathtub. Hot water slowed to a dribble in sink when I was shaving. Desk staff friendly, efficient and helpful. Let's see what the house staff can do about the plumbing. Would increase this place to a 4-star rating.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize that you did not have the best experience with our plumbing. We have dispatched maintenance teams to review the plumbing issue in your room and will have it corrected on your next stay.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

As a business traveller I try to stay at HI hotels. Travelled this time with family and found the location to be handy and easy to find due to huge billboard. Room was huge, clean and on par with most HIEs. Assuming that the reviews on Trip Advisor were noted two pair of quality earplugs and a nice note from management were on the nightstand however they were not needed as the AC wasn't distracting. I am a total dark/total quiet sleeper and still wasn't bothered a bit. Also, for those concerned by possibly encountering Fox News we had Headline News all morning and breakfast on par with any other hotel "freebie." ladies working the room were nice and probably would have changed the channel if asked. My only negative is that the tile floor in the pool area is really slick when your feet are wet and bare--that's an accident waiting to happen.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank crchkc

Thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate any positive feedback and hope to see you again soon. -

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was on the road and just needed a bed. I wasn't expecting much from This place but it was really clean and nice. The lady at the front desk, Ricki, was genuinely nice and very helpful. My room was super clean, large and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was better than I expected and well stocked. I'd stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
hiexpress212, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for your review of our property. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in Ontario again soon.