“Good Location and Value”

Red Lion Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is the second stay for me at this well priced establishment, and both stays were for two nights. It's nice, clean, and quiet (which is an important factor with the proximity to the road and interstate) with comfortable beds and a pillow assortment. The staff is polite and helpful. The breakfast room is also pleasant and well attended for all patrons. There is a reasonable choice of breakfast foods, and the coffee is continually replaced which is great. Haven't used the pool area, but it does look clean and nice. The location is very convenient for getting right back on I-84, and close to a WalGreens and Walmart which works out nicely for restocking water or other amenities for the trip. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michellee5000

Reviewed September 28, 2012

It was just what I needed after a long drive. Entire rom very clean, bed comfy with plenty of pillows. Despite being very close to the Interstate highway, it was quiet inside. The wifi worked perfectly and the tv has a lot of channels. I didn't have time to try the breakfast. I don't think you can beat this for the price! I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The price is right for this motel. It is on a par with other similar establishments, but the price is lower. We had a large, very clean room and a good continental breakfast. We were able to get 3 rooms at the last minute.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This chain was new to me, and I was very pleased with it. Building appeared new or well maintained, and was super clean. Breakfast room is big as in the pictures, with many choices. Pool looked very nice. Even an exercise room! Toiletries are nice and in recycled packaging. Air conditioning worked very well, no noise problems. Only fault: the bathroom is so small that the door clears the toilet and bath by about 1/2 inch.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We pulled in late and tired. The clerk was busy and seemed a little grumpy but she gave us a king size room that was clean and very quiet. The price was reasonable and included a continental breakfast which was typical of these kinds of places.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place was actually not bad. The price was decent and the room was good. It is even right next door to a Denny's, where you get a discount. My only complaint was that there is no elevator and we, of course, were given a room on the second floor. I would recommend this place, just be sure to ask for a first floor room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bekncat
Reviewed May 22, 2012

A friend and I had two rooms on May 9-10, 2012. My friend had meetings in town for two days so I spent most of the time in the room. I used their Wi-Fi, which the desk informed me did not need a password. It didn't really dawn on me until the second day when I realized that in other words it is an unsecured network.

I picked up what my computer repair person says is one of the worst viruses he has ever seen. It wiped out every "restore point" on my computer. He is having to wipe my hard drive back down to nothing and even restore a new operating system (Windows).

SO BEWARE. I really don't understand why any hotel is offering Wi-Fi on an unsecured network with no password required.

I will not stay there again. This stay is costing me a fortune.

As far as the room goes....it is a plain Jane but clean. Breakfast is simple but fine.

Room Tip: We were upstairs middle and it was quiet.