“Don't Use Their Wi-fi”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Ontario
Tucson, Arizona
“Don't Use Their Wi-fi”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

A friend and I had two rooms on May 9-10, 2012. My friend had meetings in town for two days so I spent most of the time in the room. I used their Wi-Fi, which the desk informed me did not need a password. It didn't really dawn on me until the second day when I realized that in other words it is an unsecured network.

I picked up what my computer repair person says is one of the worst viruses he has ever seen. It wiped out every "restore point" on my computer. He is having to wipe my hard drive back down to nothing and even restore a new operating system (Windows).

SO BEWARE. I really don't understand why any hotel is offering Wi-Fi on an unsecured network with no password required.

I will not stay there again. This stay is costing me a fortune.

As far as the room goes....it is a plain Jane but clean. Breakfast is simple but fine.

Room Tip: We were upstairs middle and it was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank TucsonTraveler933

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

We typically stay at 4 star hotels or bed & breakfasts but on this trip we stumbled upon this hotel and were pleasantly surprised. We chose it based on the fact that the surrounding hotels had many big rigs parked close to the buildings and we don't enjoy listening to running diesel engines.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is just basic cereal and make your own waffles. Nothing special but okay.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank M K
nevada
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Warm greeting after a long day of driving. We had never stayed at an Americas Best Value Inn before. Nothing fancy but a very clean, quiet room. Nice pool. Breakfast had more choices than expected. Great value! Great value!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank evans7
Seattle
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here one night. We were almost literally the first customers of the day to check in. The very nice young man at the desk was helpful and professional. But why, oh, why, did he stick us in the room next to the laundry?

There were oh, I don't know, perhaps thirty rooms? on the second floor. None of them appeared to be occupied. The desk clerk put us right next to the laundry. You are literally within inches of the laundry. And later that evening, someone decided to do six months worth of laundry, that included some bit of clothing that made a hell of a racket in the dryer. He or she had to run it through twice.

THe room was clean. The remote...whomever thought of this, thank you. They are now making the remotes so that they're easily cleaned between guests, something that's always bugged me.

Good value and a nice room, but the noise from the laundry takes this place down a star or two.

Room Tip: Don't take rooms 213 or 214 unless you like hearing the washer and dryer running all night.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SeattleMeadowlark
Portland, OR
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here on a road trip and were very happy. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were spacious. The bathroom was tiny and a bit awkward, but it was clean! The pool was beautiful.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank markandjill7
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This is our first Best Value Inn - we were looking for the Super8 that it used to be and the GPS brought us here. Very very good staff on front desk, best price so far for the best facilities. Super clean and well appointed. Cannot complain about anything at all - this Inn represents fantastic value and best place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Willowray
Wyoming
Reviewed November 26, 2011

This hotel apparently used to be a Super 8 and is now an ABV. (Change too recent to show up in most GPS databases, so f you don't find it in your GPS as an ABV, try searching for Super 8.) Friendly; excellent breakfast. Ample parking. Nice pool for kids. Near highway. Not run down, but could use a bit of maintenance to prevent it from becoming so. Carpets and bedclothes were showing a bit of age but not ratty... yet. Toilet clogged on first flush. Exercise room and machines in needed thorough and regular cleaning, preferably with disinfectant cleaner (a day after my stay I found myself fighting a cold which I think I picked up in the exercise room). Close to Wal-Mart and other stores that travelers coming through on I-80 might want to visit for travel supplies. Overall, a good experience and a good, reasonably priced choice, but owners should invest in preventive maintenance, upgrades, and regular, thorough cleaning to keep property up to snuff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business