“Average at best”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Ontario
denver
“Average at best”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Don't let the updated lobby fool you. Rooms are outdated, carpet dirty (otherwise clean) fluorescent lighting. Beds ok but pillows are those shredded foam type. Breakfast was good and hotel quiet. Based on other off highway hotels we stayed in, this one was higher priced and not as nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 16, 2013

for the price it was "do-able" since i was locked in with my pre-paid reservation. The free breakfast was bad and customer service was below par. the room was very cramped, sink and bed are 2 feet away. shower and toilet room is best described as odd. hallways dirty. probably not stay here again.

1 Thank jimsch71
Vale, Oregon
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I ended up at the Sleep Inn when my normal stay at Holiday Inn Express was all booked. This place is good for a night, but i'd hope not to half to stay long. The bed comfortable. The rooms seem clean, small, and fairly priced. The bathroom is basic and cheaply appointed. Washed thin towels and small sort-of lumpy pillows are notable. The room had a huge flat screen TV. That would be handy if the room was bigger.
The food at breakfast was basic, cereal, waffle, yogurt etc. Small dining room.
Decent sized pool, laundry, 1 public computer in the lobby.
Low cost and a little hard to find the way on the frontage road.

Stayed June 2013
Cullman, Alabama
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We spent one night here while on a road trip south. We had a room with a king size bed, desk and chair plus another chair. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. My husband did not like the small pillows, but other than that, we had no complaints. The breakfast was pretty basic - cereal, yogurt, muffins, sweet rolls, boiled eggs, juice and coffee. There was a waffle maker and a hot server with sausage but no other hot offerings. Overall for the price we thought it was very good and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Samir P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards with your stay with us. We hope to see you in the future. And again, thank you for your business.
Puget Sound
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The night I stayed here I was just beginning to come down with the stomach flu. I was on the road by myself. The accommodations were okay and pretty much what you’d expect from one of the Choice Hotels line of hotels. The next morning I was really feeling bad and tried to muster enough will power to try and get home to my own bed where I could rest comfortably. Unfortunately I left my Sonicare toothbrush the next morning. I wound up spending one more night on the road and it was 3 days later that I realized my Sonicare was missing (I was using a regular brush in its absence). I thought maybe it was in one of my unpacked bags. It took a while before I was able to back track and figure out I had left it at the Ontario, OR Sleep Inn.

I called them and asked why they hadn’t used my contact info to let me know that I’d left it behind and the guy (Javier or something like that) said. “It is not hotel policy to call about left behind objects. Besides most people leave stuff they don’t care about.” What? They don’t care about a $50-$60 Sonicare?! “Sir, it is the guests responsibility to take their belongs with them.” When I asked how much it would cost to have it shipped. He replied flippantly “About $200. (pause) No, I’ll ship it the lowest rate and charge it to your credit card.”

Okay, I understand they cannot contact guests with ever object left behind but shouldn’t they at least use some common sense that an object of $50+ value is worth shipping home? How many of you reading this have left something behind … but never figured out where? Because no one had the decency to let you know.

I have always stayed at Choice Hotels for years but this was strike three for Choice Hotels on this 3 day trip alone. I stayed at this Sleep Inn, a Comfort Inn, and had reservations at a Roadway Inn and had issues with all three. That’s it. I’m done.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank compassNSEW
Samir P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for the comments concerning your experience. I do want to take the time to apolgize for any confusion or misunderstanding in regards with the return of your Sonicare toothbrush. I was only trying to be humorous when I quoted you that the shipping would be $ 200.00. I was not trying to offend you at all, though it seems I may have. And for that I do offer my sincere apologies. Thank you for your business and hope to see you in the future.
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I arrived at midnight, got a nice room and we enjoyed the clean rooms and cozy bed (the pillows and sheets were good quality and clean. Also, I thought customer service during my stay was excellent. I also thought the location next to the highway was super convenient.

• Stayed May 2013
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Sleep Inn was clean, comfortable and very quiet. Breakfast was usual hotel food but when traveling you don't need an extra big helping of food. Just what we needed for a quick night and right back on the road again. It was very inexpensive which made us a little leary but pleasantly surprised and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family