“Total lack of customer care!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The night I stayed here I was just beginning to come down with the stomach flu. I was on the road by myself. The accommodations were okay and pretty much what you’d expect from one of the Choice Hotels line of hotels. The next morning I was really feeling bad and tried to muster enough will power to try and get home to my own bed where I could rest comfortably. Unfortunately I left my Sonicare toothbrush the next morning. I wound up spending one more night on the road and it was 3 days later that I realized my Sonicare was missing (I was using a regular brush in its absence). I thought maybe it was in one of my unpacked bags. It took a while before I was able to back track and figure out I had left it at the Ontario, OR Sleep Inn.

I called them and asked why they hadn’t used my contact info to let me know that I’d left it behind and the guy (Javier or something like that) said. “It is not hotel policy to call about left behind objects. Besides most people leave stuff they don’t care about.” What? They don’t care about a $50-$60 Sonicare?! “Sir, it is the guests responsibility to take their belongs with them.” When I asked how much it would cost to have it shipped. He replied flippantly “About $200. (pause) No, I’ll ship it the lowest rate and charge it to your credit card.”

Okay, I understand they cannot contact guests with ever object left behind but shouldn’t they at least use some common sense that an object of $50+ value is worth shipping home? How many of you reading this have left something behind … but never figured out where? Because no one had the decency to let you know.

I have always stayed at Choice Hotels for years but this was strike three for Choice Hotels on this 3 day trip alone. I stayed at this Sleep Inn, a Comfort Inn, and had reservations at a Roadway Inn and had issues with all three. That’s it. I’m done.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank compassNSEW
Samir P, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for the comments concerning your experience. I do want to take the time to apolgize for any confusion or misunderstanding in regards with the return of your Sonicare toothbrush. I was only trying to be humorous when I quoted you that the shipping would be $ 200.00. I was not trying to offend you at all, though it seems I may have. And for that I do offer my sincere apologies. Thank you for your business and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I arrived at midnight, got a nice room and we enjoyed the clean rooms and cozy bed (the pillows and sheets were good quality and clean. Also, I thought customer service during my stay was excellent. I also thought the location next to the highway was super convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Sleep Inn was clean, comfortable and very quiet. Breakfast was usual hotel food but when traveling you don't need an extra big helping of food. Just what we needed for a quick night and right back on the road again. It was very inexpensive which made us a little leary but pleasantly surprised and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Beware of this place. We booked 6 rooms for a group to stay and the service was terrible. I had the most obstinant, argumentative, unhelpful service I have ever had with a young lady named Elena. I asked a simple request, to get my reciepts for 6 rooms emailed to me and she was the most unhelpful and would not do it. Because my travel assistant booked the rooms, and I did not know exactly in what name the rooms were booked, even though she was looking at the rooms in her computer, she would not help me. After spending $400 there in one night, thats the kind of customer service you get with Elena and Sleep Inn Ontario. Never again for me and my group.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank VandalCoach
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on second floor. Very humid at first but AC cooled the room out. Swimming pool not heated and dirty. Hot tub ok does need to be cleaned. Room was clean and large screen tv was nice. Only has a shower in order to get a tub and refrigerator you need to get larger higher prriced suites. Breakfast was continental style.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The manager at the Sleep Inn Ontario Oregon is fantastic. Very customer focused. Nice facility, friendly staff, very reasonable prices. If you go to Ontario, this truly is the place to stay. We stayed two nights. ONLY problem was the hot tub. It did not work. Big Whoop.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed there 27 Mar 2013. Great location right off Freeway but really quiet.
Rooms were immaculate and very modern. Staff were very helpful and the free breakfast really good and plentiful. The indoor pool and hotub were really appreciated after a long drive.
The restaurant, Wingers, which is right next door and the food was good. There might be better restaurants close by but Wingers was only a 2 minute walk and the food, service were good.
I would recommend this place as a great place to stay . The Rates were superb!!

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room. You will get it. I don't think any are noisy.