“Delicious food, friendly staff in a location to die for!”
Review of Roseanna's Cafe

Roseanna's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This was our second trip to Roseanna's in Oceanside and we fell in love all over again. The food is fresh and flavourful with a wide variety of menu options. The desserts were amazing as well. The waitress was very friendly and had great menu suggestions. If you like oysters - this is the place to eat them! Great chocolate peanutbutter pie as well : )

1  Thank L M

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We had heard this was the place to go close to where we were staying for Spring break. We had both lunch and dinner here during our stay. Lunch was okay but not spectacular like we had heard. So we tried again for dinner. Much better. Veggies were amazingly fresh for March. And the Marion berry cobbler was well worth the return visit! Plus the view was amazing and the service incredible!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Beautiful view of the ocean and good food. I guess after reading all the rave reviews and seeing the prices I was expecting all homemade. Guess that only applied to the desserts. The food was nothing over the top, steamed clams were a bit chewy but the broth was excellent. Hubby’s crab stuffed fish was very good, flavorful, not overdone. My Cioppino was flavorful, not a fan of chopped canned tomatoes but most of the fish was perfectly cooked, clams were a bit overdone but still good and there was plenty of fish. What bothered me most was the bread. I was expecting a dense sopping up type bread. Maybe a good sour dough. What we got was factory hoagie bread. It was chewy, tasted like it had been frozen and it came sliced as if it was left over from making hoagies at lunch. I guess they were trying to cut corners but a good fish stew and steamed clams need a good dense bread to sop up the juices or the flavor stays in the bowl. For the price, don’t think we will return.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were told about Roseanna's by the manager of the motel we were staying at in Garibaldi. He told us that is a must try restaurant in the area. We stopped by for lunch. It is in an old building that is on a ledge overlooking the ocean and beach below. The view is absolutely beautiful and I can only imagine what it would be like on a clear day. The service was very good. The waitress was very helpful with telling you about items on the menu. My husband had a wonderful white fish with a dejon citrus sauce and I had a southwest chicken sandwich. His fish was amazing with the citrus sauce. My sandwich was very good also. The clam chowder was delicious! It was not your normal chowder because it had some wonderful herbs in it. We are looking forward to our next trip to Roseanna's.

1  Thank cjf4801
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Roseanna's remains the high priced but steady food it has been for years. The competition in the area remains second to Roseanna's but the menu is getting pretty boring and they make it appear to be a Daily Menu but there are few if any changes and the view remains the best part of the restaurant. Since it never changes I gave it a Very Good but it needs to review it's menu. As always be prepared to wait to be seated as it remains a drawing card for an upscale meal in Oceanside.