“Unbelievable food in gorgeous, but out of the way, place”
Review of Roseanna's Cafe

Roseanna's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Well, there aren't a lot of dinner spots in Oceanside - however, you really don't need much more than Roseanna's Cafe. We ate there the two nights we were in Oceanside. The first night we ordered from the regular menu. I had the almond crusted chicken and Debbie had the pasta with prawns and crab. Both dishes were outstanding. The next night the dinners were so good that I stole the "Specials" menu so that I could write a review. Debbie had the "Ling cod crusted in parmesan cheese griddle fried and served with roasted red pepper, tomato cream sauce and with rock crabmeat." I had the "Oven baked puff pastry with smoked smoked salmon, halibut, vegetables, garlic cream sauce then served with citrus stone ground mustard aioli." Both dinners at $20 were delicious and a great value at the price. The wine list is small but adequate, offering wines by the glass and bottle, and I believe the corkage fee was in the $8 range. The restaurant has large windows overlooking the beach. Both nights the service was incredibly friendly and efficient. For dessert, try the marion berry cobbler, served warmed with ice cream. This restaurants is top quality and a great value for being so far off the well-traveled tourist path. We are looking forward to our next visit.

2  Thank gdw993

Reviewed November 12, 2012

You can't beat the view or the food or the desserts! Small place overlooking the beach with a great chef, reasonable prices, and outstanding atmosphere. The locals place to go.

1  Thank Patriciaish
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Was really looking forward to trying this restaurant, especially after reading the reviews. Sorry to say, it did not live up to expectations. Have found better food for less money in other places. Was very disappointed in the Paella dish. My husband's pan grilled oysters were good but still on the expensive side for A la carte with no salad and extra money for bread. Service was below average, having to ask for refills of water and soda and also forgetting to bring the boxed leftovers to us before we left. Needless to say, we won't be back.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Loved the view of the ocean, really loved the food. More interesting than your usual greasy fried seafood.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were doing the Three capes Scenic Drive when we drove into Oceanside. I noticed the home made restaurant immediately so we stopped in for lunch. I thought it was a small storefront from outside, but inside it was like three restaurants in one; a soda fountain, causal cafe and really nice dining room. Vern chose the Oyster Burger with chips and I chose the Turkey sandwich with cream cheese, cranberries, some kind of pickled sauteed cucumbers and crushed hazelnuts covering once slice of the bread. I've never had anything quite like it, and I really enjoyed it. I selected my side, Clam Chowder, and shared it with Vern. Excellent chowder, we both agreed. The views while we ate were very enjoyable, a shot of sunlight penetrating a rather gloomy day. We finished off with the favorite here, marionbery cobbler warmed with vanilla ice cream, sweet ending to a great meal.

3  Thank ruthandvern