Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jennifer...
Woodinville, Washington
“Beware of Construction!”
Reviewed August 29, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

The condo itself is nice. It is modern and clean with everything you would need. However, the customer service of VACASA is terrible. We arrived to find that the property not 100 feet from our front door was under construction, they were building a new home. The noise was outrageous, the shared driveway was blocked. After talking to the construction team they told us they would be there all week and they would have to block the driveway for this was the only place for them to park. I called VACASA at 5:00 pm on 8/24/15, the day of arrival. I explained the situation in detail. I also sent them an email with a video showing the blocked driveway and how loud it was. (I sent them an email every time I called and never received an email response back.) I explained to them that we couldn’t sit out on our deck and hear ourselves talk because of the generator, the tractor and the skill saws being used. It was so loud and that the driveway would always be blocked. I asked them to find us another place to stay since in the listing it clearly says you can sit on your deck and relax in the quite neighborhood and there was no mention of construction 100 feet from our door. They told me they would look for another place and call me back. I didn’t hear anything for 45 minutes so I called again at 5:45 pm. I spoke with a different customer service rep and had to explain the situation all over again. She said that she would have a manager, Jessica, call me right back. (Since there is no cell service, I had to sit by the landline on the bottom floor of the unit and wait.) I waited another half hour. I called again at 6:15 pm and spoke to another customer service rep who said there was nothing in the notes about Jessica calling me back. I had to explain the situation all over AGAIN. She transferred me to someone named Stacy. She said there was no where they could move us to, that all rentals were full. I told her I saw several on their website. She THEN said, yes there are some available but they were more expensive than this one. (The listings I found ranged from 160-175 and our condo at regular price was 115). I told her that I would never expect them to move us to something outrageously different in price, but this was their error and they needed to make it right. I also explained that they need to alert their potential renters that there is construction. She said that there is no way for them to know there is construction and their regional manager doesn’t check the units often enough to know this. Really? If I was a homeowner using VACASA, I would want the regional manager checking the units often. There is also a housekeeper who could alert them to this, not to mention you can get records from the county on building permits. She said that the construction is “just like” an “act of God”, that they have no control over this. I told her since they know now I would hope they would put this on the houses rental page to alert potential renters. She said they wouldn’t be doing that, they don’t update that often. She gave me a $75.00 credit. Wow! Really? So during our 4 day stay we listened to generators, skill saws, tractors, and there was even a cement truck one day that blocked our driveway for over an hour and we could not leave. I would love to know if the owner of VACASA would like to spend their peaceful ocean view vacation at this rental. I guarantee they would not be happy and would demand the same thing I did. They could have easily moved us and sucked up the cost because this is their error for not alerting us to this construction. They clearly stated on their website it was a peaceful neighborhood. They posted a picture that showed the front of the condo with no construction happening. This is fraud. They cannot do this. I will not be renting anything from VACASA again because of this. I was very disappointed. I couldn’t sit on my deck and enjoy a cup of coffee, I couldn’t sit on my deck and enjoy a glass of wine. I couldn’t sit on my deck with my family and enjoy the ocean view and chat. I get one vacation a year and this was it. Thanks VACASA for not living up to your advertisement. Shame on you!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked least: Construction that they didn't alert renters too and bad customer service.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Sep 7, 2015
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to see that the neighbor's construction was so harmful to your stay. We hope you enjoyed the great view and were comfortable with the furnishings.

Travelers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing
;