“Yummy”

A & W Drive-In
Ranked #15 of 18 Restaurants in Oakridge
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hamburger was great, the fries were good and the fried cheese was OH SO YUMMY. But what made the whole thing was getting the ice cold root beer in the big glass mugs just like when I was a kid. It tasted just as good as I remember it.

There are newer reviews for A & W Drive-In

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stopped here because it was the last resort on the way out of town. We should have eaten at the Subway connected to the A&W. The fryer oil was definitely in need of a change. The french fries were brown, along with the corn dog-no nice golden color but literally brown. The cheese on the coney was the funky nacho cheese that tastes funny. The burger seemed to be ok at least. The girl at the counter was absolutely one of the friendliest people I have ever met at a fast food restaurant, which was about the only plus on our visit here.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

What a find on our return trip from Crater Lake - an old fashioned A&W Drive-in complete with the frosted mugs of root beer with ice cream - YUM! Burgers, hot dogs, all the usual menu and what a fun place. . . and yes, you can order from your car window and they will bring the food out to your car too. . . delicious root beer float . . . what a trip back in time! They also sell the old glass mugs and root beer by the gallon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

They are the best! I just can't get past the cheese curds. Of course and the rootbeer! It could have been a bit cleaner, I had to wipe my own table.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

No breakfast, sloppy food, cheap! The town has nothing to boast about, poor little town falling down with no real choices to eat. If the kids eat it works however I have lived in Frandfort Michigan where in my opinion A&W was run right offering breakfast and good food

Been to A & W Drive-In? Share your experiences!