“Awesome MTB Base Camp”
Review of Cascade Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oakridge
Cascade Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Oakridge
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Great little motel with a couple of super proprietors! I've stayed here on a couple of occasions (both mountain bike trips) and the owners have been very accommodating in terms of bike secure bike storage. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and rates are very reasonable. I'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dusan M
There are newer reviews for Cascade Motel

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The owners apparently recently converted a spare bedroom to a suite for rental. Unfortunately both owners smoke lots and the suite is only separated from their living quarters by a hollow-core door, It is also downwind from the smoking shed. We would have loved to keep the door open to the fresh air here, but not to be. Each time we arrived at our room from a MTB ride, from the lake, from a round of golf or from dinner, at least one individual was sitting outside the laundry facility smoking But worse, one of the owners has a chronic smoker's cough that can be heard every five to fifteen minutes almost 'round the clock' thru the wall. Add that to their little yappy dog and a confrontative, barky, but apparently not dangerous border collie and our stay turned into one of endurance till the two nights we paid for were done. The bedding smelled like old cigarette smoke and didn't get better w new linens for the second night, I think because there is nearly always someone smoking in the laundry room. We moved here from the Best Western on the same block, and wished we could have moved back.
Great town, unlimited things to do, but we came here for fresh air great mountains and big lakes. Except for our nights in the room, our experience exceeded our expectations. Maybe if you get one of the other rooms...

Room Tip: If you are a nonsmoker, DON"T get the new room!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Riggsfoutz
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed here three nights and loved it. The "motel" is newly renovated, spotlessly clean and quiet. Obviously it was a motel, but ambience in the room is more like a B&B or an inn. Both beds were very comfortable and the decor was homey, but not overly cutesy. I accidently booked myself into a suite which actually had an extra bedroom, but it was still only $78. The owners are pleasant, helpful and go out of their way to make you feel at home. They also provide a pretty decent continental breakfast as well. One bright spot is the gift basket, which contains a variety of interesting and humorous gifts such as a rasp, package of ramen, little toy car. Something for everyone (kids would love the little car) and made me smile. Although this "motel" is on the highway that goes through Oakridge, it is very quiet since there is almost no traffic in the town, particularly at night. They have a nice gazebo on the lawn with a barbeque where you can sit and relax in the evening. The owners (British/Aussies) live on site so they are right there to help with anything. The whole experience was extremely pleasant, humorous, and much appreciate. The best hotel value I've had in three years of international travel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank divergirl99
Reviewed May 4, 2012

It was an awesome ride on my Harley from Lake Tahoe to Eugene,OR even though the last hundred and fifty miles was in the pouring rain. I rode into Oakridge just dripping wet willing to pay anything just to get warm and dry. Almost to the west end of town and there it was all spruced up with flowers and great landscaping, i said to myself forget the Best Western I will try this place. Clean and friendly that's what I like and this place was immaculate and friendly just couldn't help but find out every place in town to eat and things to do. When I left in the morning after coffee it was as if I'd just been in an episode of 'TOUCH' when I found out that Dan was raised in Terre Haute,IN and I had graduated from college there and here I was staying the nite before my own daughters graduation. We are all touched in some way and when you see the wall in the lobby you will find someone that you know and will be "touched" yourself.

Room Tip: There is no smoking allowed anywhere on the premises. :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank GPedro
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The Cascade Motel is the ONLY place to stay in Oakridge! I travel a lot in my job, but never do I receive hospitality such as this! Each room has a touch of home, from the linens to the little "takeaways" to the wonderful proprietors, Dan and Elizabeth. Don't waste your money staying elsewhere! You will love it and wish to come back again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tiffany C
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Book early for the summer. It's a small immaculately clean place in a darling little town. Old time hospitality with modern cleanliness standards. Look for the Lions Den bakery and 180 degrees brew pub.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank snowsister
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Superior place to stay .. CLEAN EVERYTHING .. A lot of small touches most motels would never think of.
Owned and operated by retired Navy couple .. gracious hosts ..
Good food cafe across the street ..

VERY REASONABLE ..

Cascade Motel is in our travel plans for the future ...

Room Tip: Make reservations as units fill fast
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank pdxchuck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakridge
Best Western Oakridge Inn
Oakridge Lodge & Guest House
Shelter Cove Resort & Marina
Shelter Cove Resort & Marina
#3 of 3 in Crescent Lake

Been to Cascade Motel? Share your experiences!